Viking

Learned somthing Interesting during my Physical today.......

Today i went in for the normal pre-season physical for swim team. I told them about my right shoulder popping out and then right back into socket on Friday during practice. They took a look at both my shoulders and discovered that my joints are very loose. They were able to partially dislocate them again with very little effort. Didn't hurt one bit.

So i go in the next room and the Doc takes a look at my shoulders too. Its not long before every medical student, nurse, and curious person is watching this guy dislocate my shoulders while i just sit there and go "Nope doesn't hurt" They are all kinda freaking out b/c not even the doc has seen someone with joints like mine. lol so i put my shirt and shoes back on and tell them about all the other wierd things i can do(turn my feet backwards, pop both my shoulder blades up off my back, make my left thumb look likes its broken, and a few others). By the time i get out of there i have about half the medical staff waiting for me to turn my head around in circles and spit split pee soup at them. :D:D

So now i have to go into the trainer at 10 tomorrow and start shoulder strengthing excercises. Now i know how i can arch like a wet noodle! I heard one of the docs say that its a hereditary(sp) thing. Thanx mom!!!:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

LOL no i wish!!!! god that would be one hell of a trick to scare the shit out of people with!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:)

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Greetings, brother!:ph34r: It's nice to hear there are other skydivers as flexible as me out there. (I can't dislocate my shoulders, but I can, however, pop out my shoulderblades, touch them together, touch the back of head with my hand the hard way, bend my fingers in too many directions, make funny noises with most of my joints and, occasionally, my spine, and bend so far backward/forward that my head almost touches the ground:)It's just too bad not many women can fully appreciate our special abilities:P:P:P.

I saw a trainer yesterday for my shoulder too. I haven't popped it out yet but it has been hurting. He pulled my arm down and there was this huge gap between my shoulder and my arm. I've always been able to do it but never thought about it giving me problems skydiving. He said I have very loose joints and gave me some exercises to do. He also said that redheads and fair-skinned people are more prone to this. Are you a redhead?

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

You know, I can put my feet behind my head...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bless you. A woman on the "gifted" program.

Wait til you see her pole tricks!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

He also said that redheads and fair-skinned people are more prone to this. Are you a redhead?

Holy Shit!!! Another redhead here. When I was a kid, my shoulders would dislocate all the time and it never hurt. Of course when the doc put them back in, it hurt like a bitch. However, it never happened as an adult.

I am bracing myself for all the pot jokes too. ;)

Oh and Zenister,... GROSS! [:/]

eh? [confused]

There was a line in between those wasn't there?

I was asking Viking why his flexibility would cause people to make "Pot jokes"

then, as an aside: "Zenni, GROSS" on account of your reply to Viking ("So, How you doin?") But what the hell, to each his own right? ;)

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

They took a look at both my shoulders and discovered that my joints are very loose. ***

Nah! I don't believe you! You're kidding, right?

Man, after watching you at the DZ turn your feet backwards, your elbows do a 360 on axis, touch your ear with your tongue, etc., etc., etc., even I could tell your joints are veeeeery loose.:)

Wow! What did you do that would regularly dislocate your shoulders? I'm double-jointed all over too which makes for some really interesting tricks. I can turn my arms out so that they look like they're not even attached to my body (that's something I'll have to add to my resume!) Really freaks some people out!

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

then, as an aside: "Zenni, GROSS" on account of your reply to Viking ("So, How you doin?") But what the hell, to each his own right? ;)

LOL - His "So, How you doin?" was in response to mujie96's post.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.