quade

NEEDED: CRAZY PEOPLE TO JUMP IN LAKE

From AvWeb

No pilot certificate? No common sense? No problem! And it's not as crazy as you think–you could win a private pilot course worth $7,500. All you have to do is build some sort of contraption that, in your mind at least, is capable of gliding. Then jump off a 30-foot ramp into an Austin, Texas, lake on April 26 to find out. Red Bull is a German manufacturer of an energy drink and sponsors its crazy "flying day" contest at various locations. "Airplanes" must be human-powered, less than 30 feet wide, and weigh no more than 450 pounds. Awards are given for gliding distance. Second prize is $3,000, while third place is $1,000. Applications for the event are due February 20. http://www.redbullflugtagtexas.com/

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

some how imagine lots of the entrants will be skydivers...

i wonder what the restrictions are on 'home made'? can some one just run off the ramp under a para glider??

http://flugtagsf.com/showmov.php?image=flugsf

the very last attempt on the movie (the bicyclist with a parachute) is a guy at my DZ...head winds killed their idea!!! i think he used an old tandem parachute or something

Yeah I was there last year and saw them. LOL

I think us BayArea people should organize something this year and caravan up there. What do you think ??

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Well, I'm less than 200 miles away. I'm just going to HAVE to come up with something. This is way too entertaining not to!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When I win you guys will all see me on national TV! Yeah, that's the ticket -- confidence!
;)

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A foot launched sailplane, like the carbon dragon? Naah, that would be cheating. How about a compressed air rocket? I'll bet you could get 50 feet out of one of those, but I suppose that wouldn't be human powered.

How about a guy in an airplane suit and a big slingshot? Or a trebuchet with the guy in the bucket?

How about a compressed air rocket?

How about if it made a loud farting sound while it shot air? If the pilot were prone, it would even be a pretty good location to make it work :D. And every 8-year-old boy in existence would think it was the funniest thing they ever saw.

Wendy W.

All of this is taking place not very far from Skydive San Marcos. Redbull sent a flier over to the dz trying to get entrants. Several of us were thinking that would be great entertainment, especially if the weather isn't good for jumping.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Well, I'm less than 200 miles away. I'm just going to HAVE to come up with something. This is way too entertaining not to!

Wendy W.

You HAD BETTER win being that you actually ARE a rocket scientist;):D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING