ernokaikkonen

Name this plane!

can't help you with what it is, but I can tell you it is not a C130. They have 4 engines, not two.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Your thinking something else, G222s definitely fly, I've jumped one....

I'm thinking C130, with the inboard engines obscured by the foreground jumpers.

We suspect the pic was taken in Scandinavia, I'm guessing Swedish Herc boogie.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Looks like a C160 to me. I dont think any G222s have been built, have they? And its not a C-130 with only 2 engines.

Attached is a pic of a C160 Transall. Doesn't look the same to me. The fisheye makes it difficult to judge though.

The C130-theory states that the jumpers are covering the inboard engines...

transall_from_behind.jpg

Aye Stefan, but that is just the official site of last year's action.
The pic in question is from Jussi Laine, who is Finnish.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

you were guesing at Sweedish Hercules Boogie,as far as i know its the same plane evry year,and they can only use it evry 2 year and only to that Boogi.

Never heard about a Finnish thatbigplaneboogi.I live in Denmark,and we usaly hear about sush an event in Scandinavia.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

G-222 / C-27 Spartan maybe

G-222 is a STOL transport deigned and produced in accordance with the NATO requirement for a V/STOL transport. After the requirement was abandoned the G-222 became a more conventional design, looking like a smaller, twin-engined C-130. It is considered as one of the most successful medium range transprts.The USAF bought 10 of these planes and operated them as the C-27 ?Spartan?.

It was acquired by the USAF to meet Air Force requirements for a rugged, medium size airland transport. The aircraft is particularly suited for short-to-medium range tactical operations into semi-prepared airfields as short as 600 meters. The G-222 is an all-weather, day/night transport with capabilities to perform medical evacuation missions. It can carry 24 litters and four medical attendants, or 34 ground troops. It has a cargo capacity of more than 54 cubic meters, or 5,400 kg.

http://www.tayyareci.com/digerucaklar/italya/g222.as
p

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-27.htm

http://www.lmaeronautics.com/products/airmobility/c-27/

OVER

IMO, its a C-130... The two inboard engines are blocked from view by the jumpers...

The tail section is the give-way. It does not match the 123's, 160's, or the 222's. Also, the 160 does not have the underwing fuel tanks that are standard on all 130's

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Also, the 160 does not have the underwing fuel tanks that are standard on all 130's

I have become convinced that it is indeed a 130, but not all 130's have the underwing tanks. I posted a picture of one without them on this thread even.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I have become convinced that it is indeed a 130, but not all 130's have the underwing tanks. I posted a picture of one without them on this thread even.

OK, standard on most 130's.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke