freefli

your favorite dz's

on April 5th i am embarking on a one year tour of the states where i am going to visit as many dz's as there is time along with seeing the many sites around our beautiful country. what i would like to know is what some of your favorite dz's are and for what reasons you like them. it would also be helpful if they had RV facilities and freefliers to jump with. jump prices and the usual specials would be good info along with on of the most important pieces of info, the jump plane. if you could let me know the days of operation and maybe even a link that would be great. i plan on seeing almost all of the states in no specific order. my only plans are sebastian, skydive chicago, chicagoland skydiving, lost prarie, rantoul, and eloy for the holiday boogie. any of your thought would be welcome and if you know anyone who's done this before i'd love to talk to them.... thanks...

If you're going to be in FL near Sebastian, do yourself a favor and also make it over to ZHills, preferably on a weekend and sample the jumping and the vibe. You won't regret it.

If you have the time, try to stop by JAX ExtremeSports at Herlong Field in Jacksonville; it is a startup, but the vibe that is building is too cool for words. Help us spread the word and get it really saiiing.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Quantum Leap Skydiving in Sullivan Missouri....about an hour from downtown St.Louis.
We are open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. Twin Otter to jump from and plenty of freefliers to jump with. Great sites to see from the air..we regularly fly over over the state park on jump run and we just have an all around great atmosphere. Hope to see you there.
Blue skies and soft landings

If you get to the northeast at all, check out the Ranch if you can-lots of planes, good people and non-stop jumping. Also, if possible, go to Skydive Long Island around the fall season. It has some of the most beautiful scenery. Especially then. Makes the Long Island Expressway bearable.:)

Skydive Westpoint in westpoint, VA....
it's a club, i think it's the oldest continuous dropzone in the country.....
the people there are freakin GREAT....
any kind of jumping you want to do you can do there....
during the summer we have otters(full time) and casa'a (for our 3 boogies.....)
it would be worth taking a weekend to spend at this dz.....
I tell ya, it's a blast...;)

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

PM me next week for details.

I'm off to AL to see my latest grandson in the morning and will be offline until sometime Sunday PM.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

a year! awesome. i did a month-long tour last summer, hit Mullins in Memphis, Dallas SkyFest, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley & Moab(not jumping unfortunately, just camping), Denver (Longmont & Brush), and Rantoul on my way home. it was an amazing trip. I'd suggest plan your trip around the seasons and boogies, definately hit some good summer boogies, Rantoul, Lost Prairie, Richmond... Maybe save Florida, Cali and AZ for the winter. I heard the Eloy Holiday Boogie was awesome!;)

have a blast!

peace

http://www.exitshot.com

SKYDIVE ELSINORE!!! :)
I love Elsinore so much! There is something so romantic about the sun setting behind the Ortega mtns and seeing the otter flying by overhead....especially when they get the DC-3 running, gggggrrrrrr radials....now that gets my heart racing!!! And the people, are all awesome, my family!!

Yeah, what she said. ;) Though, I don't freefly very often...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Skydive Aggieland.

You should try to make the Ags Over Texas Memorial Boogie in September! We bring in a Casa and is by far the best boogie in Texas! Just ask the folks that have made it the past 3 years, this thing rocks.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My suggestion to you... Drink heavily. Start in Texas. Houston then to San MArcos. Travel north west to Colorado, and stop by Sky dive the Rockies. They have the best view in all of Colorado. You will also get a taste of landing your canopy at 5500'. It can be a little sporty. Then you should travel south to Coolidge, and Eloy. Coolidge has much cooler vibes than Eloy, but they don't have all the ammenities of Eloy. Then go to the bar at eloy, and pee on the wings of blue sticker in the urinal in the bent prop saloon. Then you should travel to California, stopping first in California City. There are two drop zones there. If you want o make a bunch of jumps then you should go to Van Pray's place with the otter. If you want to make some friends, and be accepted for who you ar then got to Bob Celaya's place. He can Party like it's 1999, and they will treat you like family the instant you walk in the door. Then you need to travel south to Perris and Elsinore. Perris has a good bar and restaruant, and Kack Grambly will treat you well, but in my oppinion, Elsinore has some cooler vibes, like Coolidge. Then you need to travel north up the PCH (HWY 1) and watch the sunset on the pacific, and go up to Sanfrancisco. Then you need to continue to drink heavily, and go skydiving around that area.
Have a nice trip.

my home dz is in the denver area so i know about the faster landings. went through AFF there so it's not really that the landings are fast, more that the landings everywhere else are slow..: ) longmont is getting an otter in April along with keeping the King Air.

Hey Jim

I'm jealous ... you'll be off jumping at all these neat places and I'll be left behind at the Tandem Factory. Maybe I'll run into you at Lost Prairie or Rantoul (and of course I'll be at Eloy for the 2003 Holiday Boogie).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

chicagoland skydiving,

Cool! When do you plan on getting there? We'll have to make some fun jumps!

Ones you haven't mentioned:
Zhills....I really enjoyed it there! Oren kicks ass! They have Super Otters.
If you're going to Eloy, try to hit Coolidge as well. Mullin's King Air...Mmmm....
Moss Point (I'm gonna be there tomorrow!) An Otter. It's a really friendly dz!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If your in the area. West Tennessee Skydiving, great facility, really nice people, and 7 min to altitude! Very good freeflyers here. My home DZ so Im partial to it.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm in Central Arkansas - where exactly is the Western TN dz? I can't imagine it's too terribly far from here.

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway