Doasfu

Introduction

The observant may have noticed I started posting here a few days ago. :) Everyone here seems to know one another, so I thought I'd introduce myself:
My name's Dan Bennett, and I'm a static line student who's been at it for quite a while but is still working towards graduating. (75% nerves, 25% broke-assedness)
My secret identity is that of a college student at a podunk university in the middle of a cornfield in West Michigan, studying political science and looking to go to law school in a year.
Right now I'm looking forward to when Skydive Hastings opens in a couple of weeks so I can get my ass to the retrain class and get back in the air. There's no feeling like sitting in class on monday morning just hoping the professor will ask, "Anyone do anything interesting this weekend?" as the class is about to start. :)
Any questions? :)
Dan

hey dan. Welcome to the crazy mixed up world of the dz.com threads! were a roudy bunch here, but a loveable buch at the same time.
as far as the sitting in class on monday morning goes... I know the feeling man. I have a public speaking class, and the teacher likes to ask those kinds of things. I imagine that shell ask "what did you do over spring break" and im gonna say my pre- second solo skydive, my pre second pack course. (hopefully) a few more skydives. I quit my job. I got another job. Went out to the dz a lot. Had an awesome landing (it was too graceful! yeah right :)
but anywhoo, welcome. IF youre on AIM my SN is flynfroggie. Say hello one day, im always up for a good chat .
froggie (kelly)

Welcome, Dan. If you are at Skydive Hastings on the 13 April you might see me there. My big brother is (finally) getting married the next day and I was going to go jump with him and his fiance. It will be their first time. Then the next day they're getting married, then they'll have their first ... (uhh, never mind).

On another introduction... I've been reading these threads but only recently have started contributing a fair bit...
I'm Ed, from the UK, 14jumps on s/l hoping to do AFF in July... doing A-levels... very bored of school.... wub reading these threads ;)
Lo everyone :)Ed

noooooo noooooo
you have got it all wrong! do NOT give dutchboy beer on april 13!!!! you MUST give beer to freaksister on april 13, as this is her birthday!! geeeeezzzzz what are you guys trying to do here? and skreamer you could possibly still be classified as a "new" member here...hahaha just kidding.
nice to meet you doasfu and hellian...i saw your names on some posts and just figured you'd be around from now on! hehe unless you piss us off then you're pretty much screwed, 'cause we find you at the dz and pull your reserve handle at 11,000 feet so you get a nice, long cross-country reserve ride home :D damn i'm feisty tonight! must be the withdrawls kicking in...haven't had a drink since 4 AM...bummer :(

noooooo noooooo
you have got it all wrong! do NOT give dutchboy beer on april 13!!!! you MUST give beer to freaksister on april 13, as this is her birthday!! geeeeezzzzz what are you guys trying to do here? and skreamer you could possibly still be classified as a "new" member here...hahaha just kidding.

Hey that's a rule, never talk somebody out of giving another skydiver some beer. If you ever make it out this way I'll give you some of the beer. Honest, I'll save it for the rest of ya. :)

Hey that's a rule, never talk somebody out of giving another skydiver some beer.

Uh, nothing personal Dutchboy, but you hadn't quite talked me into getting you the beer yet, so you're not missing much. That said, let me know if you are definetly going to be at Hastings that day, and I'll introduce myself.

35 years is a long time to go without certain things.

Damn, 35 years! Consider this analogy: if you just leave your lawnmower in the garage for eight months, it's hard to get it started. Now imagine 35 years!
Of course, while you're waiting for spring, you can always keep things in tune by giving the starter cord a few yanks every one in a while :$!
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

Your brother went to BJ university???
Is his intended significant other of the male or female persuasion?
:)/s
PS maybe you should have a little *chat* with him beforehand so he knows which bit goes where...
PPS If your brother ever sees this ng you are a dead man!

Personally, I try not to drink anything but American brew. All that import stuff, at least that I have tried, always smells like B.O. or its so thick you have to chew it or something. Except for Red Stripe, that stuff is smooth.
Me, personal favorite is Coors Light, started drinking it because my friends wouldnt, left more for me!!!