Jimbo

WFFC 2002 DVD - WHERE IS IT?

umm...yeah right...I have yet to see ours come rolling in the door....

I believe (from an email sitting on my desk at work) they were shipped Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday...

Edit: VHS' for clarification.
-----
~~~Michael

Im sure the guy is sorry he couldnt make his production dead line but I think a simple hey Im sorry and Im trying would suffice, his harsh angry words toss out bad vibes. Maybe in the future he might not take peoples cash until he can deliever the product. People might not be so pissed off about not getting something if they havent already payed for it. Just my .02 but what the hell do I now about customer service. hey Martini dude, I ordered a 350.00 jump suit there not requesting payment til they deliever the product. If its a little late, I cant complain I still have my cash. Ya might want to think about that..........

Im sure the guy is sorry he couldnt make his production dead line but I think a simple hey Im sorry and Im trying would suffice, his harsh angry words toss out bad vibes.

I apologize I was not intending to come off as angry, but when people speak about things they know nothing about, it irritates me, such as the jumper whom believes I sold more than 200 DVD's. Has this person seen my sales receipts, no he has not, and he is making a negative assumption based on NO facts.
Or the other jumper who said there's a link on my site to buy it. Yes there is, BUT what happens if you click on that link?? If you click on that link, you are directed to call me or email me for more information about the DVD.

Maybe in the future he might not take peoples cash until he can deliver the product. People might not be so pissed off about not getting something if they haven't already payed for it.

That is actually a very good suggestion. Thank you for the input!
I do not have a problem with people ordering after the video is produced and not before hand.

I am one of the most forthcoming people around, ask anyone who knows me... I will tell you what ever you want to know.
But please ask... don't attack. I am just like the rest of you, and I am sure you wouldn't like being attacked.
I want this DVD to be the best possible, I want the VHS to be the best possible. I work very hard all year to put this together.
The people who ordered the VHS should be receiving them sometime after Monday. I am in constant communication with the DVD authoring company. They tell me I SHOULD have a Prototype DVD late next week. It will be carefully tested, and if there are no problems with it, then it will be duplicated. 200 DVD's with your first Rantoul Convention EVER. What a memory! Please be patient, I understand you are anxious.
I am doing everything in my power to make this process as quick as possible. If you have any further questions please email me personally at [email protected]

Grant

That kind of response makes me want to support your business even less.

Grant, please don't think PhillyKev speaks for anybody but himself. Most of us are anxiously awaiting what I'm sure will be a stellar DVD, sincerely hope you might consider doing the same thing next year.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

That kind of response makes me want to support your business even less.

Grant, please don't think PhillyKev speaks for anybody but himself. Most of us are anxiously awaiting what I'm sure will be a stellar DVD, sincerely hope you might consider doing the same thing next year.

_Am

AndyMan,
While I can see from PhillyKev's post's that he never claimed to speak for anyone other than himself. Could you explain how you can speak for "Most of us..." Have you spoken with everyone that has ordered a video? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but please don't suggest you represent the majority of the customers if you don't know it for a fact.

Grant, I'm with AndyMan. Just because some people are complaining, I hope it doesn't burn you not to offer a DVD full of extras for the WFFC in 2003. Can't wait to see the end result. :)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Well, although I'm still put off by your apparent attitude regarding our complaints, I'll write that off to misinterpretation due to internet communication. The information in this thread is exactly the kind of updates that I was looking for.

Bottom line is, my email was never answered. You may have answered other, but not mine. That ticked me off. There were no updates on your website. Wherever else you posted updates, freefall.com or wherever, I don't go there looking for info. I went to your website. That's where I was misled. You accuse me of making assumptions without any information, that's because I didn't have any accurate information. I was going by the incorrect status on your web page, and the button on your web page to order the DVD. How would I know it doesn't work? Why would I be ordering another one?

Now that I have the correct information from your responses to this thread, I'm a little more comfortable. Basically, I've never heard of your company before I ordered this DVD, I've never done business with you before, you have my money, you weren't responding to my email, and your website wasn't updated. For all I knew, you took 2000 prepaid orders for the DVD and skipped town.

Of course I want the DVD, that's why I ordered it. To be upfront, Grant offered my my money back and he would give my copy to someone else. Well, I don't want my money back, I want the DVD. Since I don't have the DVD, I just wanted some common courtesy and some reassurance that I wasn't being ripped off. It would have been very easy for you to avert any negative feelings by updating your web page, or at least putting a notice there that to get the current and accurate information that we should be looking at freefall.com.

Hey I know there was a big debate about how "limited" the limited edition DVD was.. last I heard the option to buy was still up there but as grant said "did you try clicking on it?" or something to that effect making me think it was disabled. I just started seeing the banner ads on dz.com to purchase the "2 hour dvd!" whats up with that ?

I heard from a very reputible source that they had issues with version 3 and 4 of the disk and are working on those right now. I thought DVD's were easy to make until I heard some of the issues that they are running into. I'll never do a production DVD for anything based on how much work goes into one.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

This was posted (presumably) by Grant Carrol on the Freefall.com message board.

OK here is an UPDATE on the DVD. I have reviewed V3, it is getting better, however there was a slight glitch in the multiplexing process. In plain English..... I will have V4 in a day or so. Once again I appreciate everyone being so understanding with us. And just so everyone is fully aware, we will NOT be doing a DVD for 03. There is too much that can go wrong with many different aspects and delay the process. I would rather put out a high quality VHS in less than half the time it takes to do a DVD. So for next year VHS only. I will post more on Friday.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.