skymick

Yet another thumbs up for L&B

I know this has been posted before but just wanted to say how great L&B is. I lost my pro-Dytter on sunday after an 18 way...must of been riser slap even though i didnt notice anything was wrong until i got down. Anyway I emailed Mads at L&B about it about 6 hours ago and Ive already got a response from him saying he'll be sending a new one over free of charge!:)
If only other companies had half the level of customer support L&B have...

Well, they didn't do it for me. I was one of the first people to lose a Pro Dytter - and they told my dealer "it had never happened before." A few months later they were handing them out to everyone. Pissed me right off - and I never got what I paid for. See my review.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I am curious as to what proof they had that you actually had a dytter?

That does seem like an amazing level of customer care for any company in this day and age.

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Well none actually, I did offer to scan my receipt and email it to them but they didnt seem to worry about that. They do have to put a lot of trust in people, it wouldnt suprise me if they have been ripped off a few times because of this.

L&B builds an outstanding product. It is cool to hear that they offer such great customer service also. I lost my protrack once when my helmet came off in freefall (don't ask) One of the guys on the jump deployed and watched it go in. We walked over and found the helmet and the protrack was laying on the ground right next to it. In case anyone wants to know, a bonehead mindwarp falls at 88 mph SAS.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

i´m gonna put my flamesuit on....;)

why should they replace the pro-dytter that you lost?
i mean, if i would lose my pro-track i would buy a new one, if i couldn´t find it, not ask(?) for a replacement ...

i think they have too good customer support:):S

just my thoughts:S

I got to agree with Jussi.

All thumbs up for L&B but the truth is, that if people demand a replacement for their screwups (and they will - loudly - when the word is out that they will replace lost units) we will feel those replacement in the price of the unit.

It's all fine and great customer support if the replace a broken one after the warranty period, but hey - if you lose your canopy after cutaway do you complain to the manufacturer and expect them to send you a new canopy? Or if you crash your car? Insurances are for that, not manufactures.

It's all fine as long as it's customer service, but people will certainly abuse this if this is their company policy.

-ka

Yeah, L&B really go out on a limb with this, but it actually is a good marketing strategy.

A protrak costs what $185??? but most of L&B's cost has for that unit is to pay back all the Research & Development that went into inventing the thing in the first place. Once the thing is invented, and production is in place, it's probably pretty cheap to make more of them, so they really aren't losing much $ by mailing you a new one, if you are a previous cutomer.

The same thing is true (even more so) with software. You pay a few hundred bucks for MS office, and all microsoft had to do was burn some CDs, copy the manuals, and package it. Total cost to them for making the copy is probably just a couple bucks, but they're paying for all the costs incurrred in developing the software years back.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Just a thought here...

Can anybody say that the external mounting points on the helmets and the mounting system wasn't designed by L&B ? Perhaps they know that there is a problem with it and rather than have their product loose popularity, and people loose faith in the comopany they are replacing the units until they have a better solution.

Cause it is better to have to replace a few units than to have to convince people to have faith in your product again, once they have lost it (faith).

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

why should they replace the pro-dytter that you lost?
i mean, if i would lose my pro-track i would buy a new one, if i couldn´t find it, not ask(?) for a replacement ...

I totally agree. My experience with them was e-mailing about a crack in the battery compartment cover. They quickly sent a new cover AND added a new set of batteries. I thot that was cool.

I had another deal where I e-mailed about getting an extra mounting bracket. They sent it at no charge and again sent me a set of batteries.

If I lose mine off a helmet or something, I'll buy a new one.

So I've got know, what did you write in your email?

Dear Mads,

I've lost my ProTrack. Please send me a new one?

I couldn't bring myself to write L&B a letter for any reason other than to congratulate them on the design and manufacture of such a great product.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Well I figure if L&B are willing to replace lost Dytters why not ask? I could of easily tried to scam them by saying I lost a Pro-Track instead ;). Anyway I was under no illusion that I should receive anything from them. If he said piss off its your own bloody fault then that would of been perfectly fine as well.

As a matter of interest ive heard that Dytters only cost $20-$30 to manufacture (not including R&D of course)

You didn't read my review very carefully, did you? Do you think you would notice a riser slap from a Tandem when wearing only sunglasses? Mmm? Besides. Even if it was a riser slap - The sunglasses were there - they hadn't even budged, the clip was there, and the Dytter was not.

t
It's the year of the Pig.