stylin

No more talking about cutaways!!!!!

Okay everyone, you heard the man! From now on, every time you want to share an experience where your main was aerodinamically challenged, use terms like 'jettison' or 'got rid of the damn thing' or 'bonus freefall time'.;)
Oh, say, what if we want to talk about the movie?

"Oh, say, what if we want to talk about the movie?"
If you can find anything good to say about it I'd be interested...;)

But, but, but, we can't stop talking about cutaways, we've only touched on one type of malfunction.....there's plenty bandwidth still to be wasted on the subject.B|:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Chris maybe you should hold off on posting until you get off student status. Perhaps then you won't keep digging your hole so deep. If you are just posting inflamatory statements just to get a rise out of people then perhaps you shouldn't ever post again. Just my observation and thought. You will get alot of you answers to everything you have posted in the AFF course. When you have made a jump without any instructors help then you will see the "source" of skydiving. It is a whole other monster than tandems. I don't have that much experience myself, and I haven't pissed off as many people as you have. Hopefully we will get some good weather this weekend and I can finish up my A. Go finish your jump course and let us know how it goes.

Believe those who are seeking truth. Doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide

Yeah, NacMac, we haven't even begun to talk about the ever ellusive "midget-in-the-d-bag" malfunction. The from there, there's the "midget-in-tow" with the debate of if you should cutaway first or pull your reserve first...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"Oh, say, what if we want to talk about the movie?"
If you can find anything good to say about it I'd be interested...

Real skydivers got paid fairly well to do something they love to do, and were gonna do anyway.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yeah, NacMac, we haven't even begun to talk about the ever ellusive "midget-in-the-d-bag" malfunction. The from there, there's the "midget-in-tow" with the debate of if you should cutaway first or pull your reserve first...

What about (in the voice of Dennis Hopper) "CANOPY ON FIRE - WHAT DO YOU DO?"

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

What about (in the voice of Dennis Hopper) "CANOPY ON FIRE - WHAT DO YOU DO?"

Did you see when Troy Hartman did that? was pretty cool. he really didnt' have to cut away as the thing went up in a ball of fire. (oops I said cutaway:)

New forum rule.

Every one must send hookitt 1 dollar for each of the next 10 posts they make.*

* That equals 10 dollars in total. Payable with paypal or money order. There are no time restrictions between your next, and your 10th next posting.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

New forum rule.

Every one must send hookitt 1 dollar for each of the next 10 posts they make.*

* That equals 10 dollars in total. Payable with paypal or money order. There are no time restrictions between your next, and your 10th next posting.

Hookit must pay Titaniumlegs 14% tax on all post payments. Cash, money order or jump tickets.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

Hookit must pay Titaniumlegs 14% tax on all post payments. Cash, money order or jump tickets.

Sweet... for a minute I thought Titanium legs was talking about me.
-
*Note... Show this reply as proof of non-financial responsibility to Titaniumlegs.... even if he edit's his post :D
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Okay everyone, you heard the man! From now on, every time you want to share an experience where your main was aerodinamically challenged, use terms like 'jettison' or 'got rid of the damn thing' or 'bonus freefall time'.;)
Oh, say, what if we want to talk about the movie?

Good man!!!!! The movie sucks, why talk about it. Its a copycat of "Point Break" with a little bit of "Blue Crush" thrown in. Not very original.

There are a few good scenes, but Ive seen better looking blondes at the DZ. Too bad they dont come on like that one did! Ha ha.

"Bonus freefall time"? I like that....parachute went into a spin and I got some bonus freefall time. Cool.

Be sure to check out those "that word" videos on the subject "that word"

stylin talking about the movie "Cutaway";

The movie sucks, why talk about it. Its a copycat of "Point Break" with a little bit of "Blue Crush" thrown in. Not very original.

Actually, there's more truth buried in that movie than fiction. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you haven't been around long enough.

Sure, some of it has a pretty large dose of artistic license, but the people & personalities portrayed in the film exist at dropzones all over the planet. This has been talked about before in depth here on dz.com -- give it a search.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think the only question about talking about cutaways is whether they ought to be here or on the "safety and training" forum. Often there are a lot of other subjects discussed here, and posts about cutaway stories and how to prevent/deal with them might get lost in the general post traffic in this forum.

Incidents, and safety and training might be considered by some to be more reference-type forums (where to go to learn from others' situations), than this forum.

Of course, if we talk about cutaways and learn, maybe we can keep them from ending up as serious incidents or from occurring in the first place.

Be safe friends.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

stylin talking about the movie "Cutaway";

The movie sucks, why talk about it. Its a copycat of "Point Break" with a little bit of "Blue Crush" thrown in. Not very original.

Actually, there's more truth buried in that movie than fiction. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you haven't been around long enough.

Sure, some of it has a pretty large dose of artistic license, but the people & personalities portrayed in the film exist at dropzones all over the planet. This has been talked about before in depth here on dz.com -- give it a search.

What truth? They spent more time on silly shit like chasing girls around the DZ and hanging off of trucks with a parachute than skydiving. This absolutely was not a serious movie about skydiving. Watch "Blue Crush" sometime and tell me if you think thats a serious movie about surfing.

If they did make a serioius movie about skydiving, and they did it right, make it about that and that only, I think it would end up being a pretty big hit. Im talking about something realistic. That movie to me was about as realistic as "Blue Crush"