NATiON

protec Skate Helmet with goggles

Hey All,

Ive been riding motorcycles all my life and i like the wind in my face. (Except for the odd face strike of course)

I see a lot of guys with the protec skate helmets. I think im going to pick one up today.

(I know im new, but i just want to have my own helmet goggles and galaxy3 to to start) that should be ok right?

Any issues with goggles and those helmets? I wear contacts so i would like to wear them if i can find a good comfortable Helmet Goggle Combo.

Thanks for any advice,
Cheers/BS

Get Benny - cost just few bucks more then protec, but it looks better and more solid. DZ will get you all you need including helmet - but it may look and smell terrible [:/] I'm pretty sure they will let you jump with your own open face helmet, if not - you may wait till you cleared to jump solo and then use your own alti, helmet ect.

http://www.chutingstar.com/companyinfo_en/benny.html

Get Benny - cost just few bucks more then protec, but it looks better and more solid. DZ will get you all you need including helmet - but it may look and smell terrible [:/] I'm pretty sure they will let you jump with your own open face helmet, if not - you may wait till you cleared to jump solo and then use your own alti, helmet ect.

http://www.chutingstar.com/companyinfo_en/benny.html

If your jump school uses Radio to assist your landings, these may be attached to the Schools helmets, if so you may not be able to jump your own until after you are cleared to solo land.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

lol thanks, gonna try to get 4 AFF jumps in on sunday.
should be fun, Thanks for the advice. I think ill get a benny and Galaxy3 for now. I dont want to have to buy everything all at once when im ready for my own gear.

nobody really said anything about goggles though.. Any suggestions? I wear contacts.

Thanks again,
James

I wear earplugs and do it to protect my ears.
Hearing someone else under canopy is almost impossible with a normal skydiving helmet.
If you use a skate type helmet that does not block your ears, then yes you can hear some.

I rely on doing not shouting.
Trying to shout to someone instead of turning away from the other canopy is a big mistake.
Save your breath and avoid the collision instead, most likely the guy won't hear you, or too late.

nobody really said anything about goggles though.. Any suggestions? I wear contacts.

Thanks again,
James

Cheapest you can buy from your DZ store. Better jump DZ gear and buy Full face Revolt/G3 ect. - so worth it when you going trough a cloud full of ice :)

I've worn a snowboard helmet half-shell since I got off of AFF. It doesn't look as cool as a built for skydiving helmet, but it works well. For eye protection (I also wear contacts) I wear a pair of tinted safety glasses that I got from a subcontractor on my last job. They cost about $15 and fit me better than anything else I've ever worn. I've even worn them on tracking dives and not had an issue.

"

..., And some motorcycle (Bobster) goggles. They kick ass. Loaned my goggles to a couple peeps and they like the, also.

Little bit of antifog doesn't hurt either.

Cheers,
J

"

Goggles are very much a personal choice. The challenge is to find the pair that best fits YOUR face. For the last few years, I have worn Wiley X with prescription lenses.