Skymonkey13

Lost my BEST friend today

Today i had to have my BEST friend put to sleep. He was my dog, a Boxer, and his name was "Brutus". He was so ugly, that he was cute. He was 13 years old and in very bad health. The vet came outside and performed the procedure on the bed in my van. Brutus died in my arms, but he went peacefully. I know there are people whothink they are just dogs, but he was family to me. He went everywhere with me and he slept with me every night. He had his own pillow at the head of the bed and would keep me awake with his snoring. I'm going to miss that. He was with me longer than my ex wife and will be missed far more. Sorry for the sad post, but i'm really depressed right now. :( :ph34r:

my condolences for your pet "Brutus" i personally know your pain, my "Bear Dog" will be gone 2 years in december after having him for 13 years as well. peace, take care.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

I know how you feel. They're like family. It's been 14 yrs since I lost Mr. Whiskers (Whiskey) for short. I still have pics around the house. He was the best dog! I still miss him.:( He used to sleep beside me with his head on the pillow too! I'd have to cover him up with the blanket! LOL!

Just take comfort in the fact that Brutus isn't suffering and is at peace now.

Sorry for your loss-

Laurie

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

But you know... All dogs go to heaven;)

Chin up bro. You'll meet again, and I bet Brutus will greet you like he used to when you get home.

May 4th was the 1 year anniversary of Spike's death. He was my wife's dog for 16 years - got him as a pup.

I had to dig his grave, and I was feeling quiet sad myself.

Thought he's gone, everytime I walk by the spot where his bowl used to be, I move aside because I didn't want to trip it.

Weird feeling. I still miss him.

That is tuff. I had a black pitbull, Kitti, for twelve + years. I had to have her put to sleep in my arms a couple weeks after my son was born. She had hip dysplasia and could use her hind legs anymore.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Big hugs for you. I just recently lost my best friend. I'm still trying to 'get through' the loss. He was my 'baby', a big ole soft fluffy Old English Sheepdog, Toby. Toby also had a spot on my bed where he would sleep and he would lay up on the sofa so he could look out the window, to see what was going on outside, or to wait and see my car as it pulled in the driveway! It is a very hard adjustment in our lives, when we lose a pet. Only time will gently ease your sorrow, but the void of Brutus will probably always be felt.:(

Take care in knowing he isn't suffering anymore and he is in a happy place. Maybe even......playing with my Toby!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

So sorry to hear about Brutus. Sending you warm Southern {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Thankfully he is not in any pain now, but I'm sorry you are. hang in there and remember the good time you had together.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

sorry dude!!!! i know the feeling.. i lost my first ever dog (got her in first grade) this past new years......... buck up... life goes on..... find another doggy friend and make both your lives happy again....