DaGimp

New Parachutist

Arrggh! Am I the only one who still hasn't got their copy yet?>:(

Hell. TLML and I still haven't gotten our May issues yet!>:(

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

No, you aren't the only one. I've NEVER seen mine before the 1st of the month that it is for... [:/]

But I did get the pic!! Thank you Kevin!! It looks wonderful, lets just hope that we don't have to do this again any time soon or if at all (wishfull thinking)
[:/]

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Nope, I live in Canada and usually get mine 2 weeks after everyone else. It sucks. I wanna say something like, WHoo whooo I just got my magazone, but then remember Oh wait it's Canada and everything is slow here. Must be the weather.

[/rant]

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm so new into the sport that I am just meeting people, yet any time I hear of a loss it tugs at the old heart strings. That's another thing that makes this little community so great to now be a part of - we are all like one big family.

The rig I was given to start this journey on is one of Shannon Embry's. Many know of her I am sure. I feel very fortunate although I did not know her. She is with me on each and every jump. And I can only guess that I am loving this as much as she did.

Hugs to all my new sky brothers and sisters!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Kevin, Very well done! I got my copy in the mail last nigt... what a beautiful memory of Holly. g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

didnt get mine yet but...
Kev, that is very well done!
does anyone have an extra copy for the Kish's?

I not only didn't get mine, but paid the extra $15 for "EXPEDITE" membership renewal...

...that was a month ago. >:(
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Wow, I just got mine today...what a lovely (and bittersweet) surprise when I turned to that last page. I knew it would be in there, but I didn't look at the attachment to this thread on purpose.

Thanks, Kevin, it looks great.

"And there’s a blue sky
Got your name on it, got your name on it
And when the sun shines
Even this heart of mine
So I never will forget you" -- Feel
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Thought I'd bump this thread up and take the opportunity to reveal some of the "deeper" meanings found within the picture.

1) The person responsible for Holly becoming part of my life is found in picture #1 because he was so instrumental in the great friendship I had with Holly I felt he should be the first picture.

2) Holly as well as other DZ.comers are looking at the center picture - this was done on purpose and in many cases the original pictures had to be modified so that their orientation was correct for this

3) The theme "Blue Skies, Black Death" can be found in the background of the pictures, along the top and right sides you will notice a black background, along the left side and bottom you will notice blue skies.

4) The tattoo is from Holly's stepdad Pat, its placement as one of the last pictures was also significant.

5) The fact that wingnut and freeflyz appeared more than once IS just a coincidence.. the pictures just worked out too well (sorry guys) :)

6) The picture of the round on the left side was taken by Mike Mcgowan, the same photographer who was responsible for the first time holly was in parachutist (or holly's ass that is) - i believe this picture was actually taken the same day as the one that appeared in parachutist

7) The "yoga" in the tshirt on the center picture was intentionally left in the picture, i felt "yoga" really fit holly to a "t" (pun intended)

8) The orange pullup cord does have a story behind it, search the forums if you want to know more

9) The closing pin necklace is actually mine - although I never had the opportunity to hang out with holly in person I felt it was important for a piece of me to be with her in her memorial page..

The text "we'll see you when we're looking at you" was something Holly routinely said -- thanks to michele for helping me narrow things down for the text.

Those with a keen eye will notice some of the pictures have been flipped along their horizontal axis - check out the colors on Holly's jumpsuit and see how they change from left side to right side.