n2skdvn

Famous people you've met..

No pictures, but I did meet Robert F. Kennedy when I was a kid. Wendy W.

I saw RFK too, I was eleven, saw him in the little subway station in the basement of the US Capitol. Waved at him, he waved back. Have also met Jerry Garcia & Pigpen from the Grateful Dead, Daniel Ellsberg, Allen Ginsberg, Gary Snyder, Rod Serling, Gene McCarthy, mostly by going to lots of lectures at college. Oh, and R. Crumb at a book signing in SF.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I did think of some more (being in the hotel business is condusive to meeting famous people and pricks):

Harrison Ford, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Ron Howard, Dee Snyder, Tony Hawk, Lance Armstrong, Jerry Orbach, Emmylou Harris, Cheryl Crow, Linda Ronstadt and Margot Kidder.

Chris

I actually got to play and record a guitar track in a studio to a song with Marty Balin who is the founder of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship. It's very rough now, and needs some re-doing, but not bad for my first time playing in a studio. He is in the Rock and Roll hall of fame and doing that was one of the coolest things I've ever done!!!-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Cool deal!

I did remember one more cool thing - I played a gig in Nashville and the old bass player from Stepphenwolf was there (yeah, the same guy who played Born to be Wild). His bass amp crapped out and he used mine for his show. B|

He was highly complimentary of my "Frankenstein" amp rig. :)

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Well as a one-time journalist, I met many famous people, mostly politicians.

But I wish I could find my picture, taken in Walpole, MA, state prison with Albert DiSalvo with his arm around my neck. Albert was the alleged Boston Strangler, but I never believed he was, and I also met the guy who probably was.

HW

I was Jack Nicholson'd driver when they made the movie "The Last Detail". Randy Quaid was also in it. I filmed Judy Garland on a stage (about 8 feet away) while she sang. They locked me in a room until I turned the film overa as the filming wasnt authorized. I met Danny Kaye, Sammy Davis Jr, Liberace, Neil Armstrong (several times), Buster Keaton, Eddie Foy Jr, Bert Lahr, two Canadian Prime Ministers (one I had a meeting with in his office in Ottawa, and many other movie actors, pro sports personalititesJames Lovell of Apollo 13, #1 idiot Evel Knievel, Jimmy Hoffa (backed by 2 thugs) and a whole bunh of names Ive forgotten.

I personally met :
GOD: The Father,
The Son,
oh yea, & "THE Holy Spirit himself"(a real quiet one)
:)Proof:
-1st jump (I think I saw Elvis on that one, too)
-1st cut-away
-dated a red-head:)-1st time shot by sniper(maybe last)
-survived Catholic schools 3rd Grade through College
-I have 1 son & 2 daughters:)-rode motorcycles from age 4 to 34 years old:|
>>>>> and "Still alive in spite of my own behavior":P
-Grant

I met Jason Mewes (Jay from Jay and silent bob) about 2 years ago at a convention. He was at the comic book convention and happened to be staying in the same hotel. This was before the arrests and the drug charges, but he did look very strung out. Ive also met Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey) and I stood next to Disturbed in a bar.

Ginny
The words I have to say, May well be simple but they're true, Until you give your love, There's nothing more that we can do-David Bowie

I was at a small club in a small town, Cotati Ca. to see Eddie Money. I was takin a leak and out walks Eddie Money from the stall next to me(no hand shakin,just a hello).
Was reroofing a house in San Rafeal Ca. and Carlos Santana would drive by every morning and throw us a peace sign.
Oh, and I shook Mr. Whipples hand (please dont squeeze the Charmin),in Gresham Oregon.

Best I can do in this thread:S

Oh, then there was the time that the famous Chile Rellano(sp?) used my computer to post on dz.com

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

i used to work as a producer on the breakfast show of the biggest radio station in europe... my list aint bad..

Bon Jovi
Elton John
Brittney spears
Christina agulera
Pink
The gallagher brothers (from oasis)
Anastacia (very fit)
Kylie Minogue (also fit)
Peirce brosnan
That guy from 90210 whose name i cant remember
Madonna
Eric Clapton
Lennox lewis
David Bowie
Moby
Cher
Leo dicaprio
Mat Damon
Beyoncie knowles
Brad pitt
Mike Myers
My personal fave... Paul McCartney :)
There are more, but i cant remember, it's 5 in the morning and i'm sleepy... lol
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Got to add one more.Actually his brother was the famous one.

I was working the "Big Fresno Fair" years ago and next to my joint was a "Beer Bust" run by Jesse McQueen (Steves brother), and a bunch of fellow stuntmen. I spent hours bullshittin with those guys.
Jesse is one cool dude B|

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I always like to respond to stuff like this with --

"Their sh*t stinks too."

And my favorite -

"I just can't stand to see the rich and famous suffer!", which is always my reaction when I overhear someone expressing sympathy for some poor celebrity in trouble.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I lived in Dublin for a couple of months in 1996, met Adam Clayton and The Edge in the Mean Fiddler (Howie B was guest DJ). Had a drink with Edge and got his autograph (see attached). Really nice, laid-back guy. I asked him if they were planning to play South Africa. He said they would on the next tour (which they did in 1998). He then started asking me about South Africa - really insightful questions like 'What did I think would happen when Nelson Mandela died?' etc.

It was cool because when we were done chatting, I walked off and he was still chilling out, didn't get the impression I had bothered him at all. :)
(have also met Arnold Schwarzenner and Buzz Aldrin, but only briefly)

dublin2.jpg

I haven't met too many famous people, but i did have a conversation with Steve Young (met him at an event in Winter Quarters, NE).
Other than that, I've met two of the Enola Gay Crew Members (one of which is my brother-in-laws great uncles)

Sorry, i just can't compete againt n2skydvn!!
=========Shaun ==========