EricTheRed

Don't mow the bunnies...

When I lived at SDC, I used to mow the grass. I was constantly running over little bunnies. For some reason, they just won't get out of the way of the mower. I didn't do it on purpose, it's just that the grass is too tall for me to see them.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

You just can't tell.
I have my mower muffler pointed forward for good warning ahead=all animals, cats, dogs, etc and I stomp around the rabbit holes before cutting but, at times they pop up a new nest under tree and 3 days before it wasn't there!
-Almost got one nest but, was warned in time by some girl that knew they were there (too close).

yeah yeah, funny it sounds, but tularemia is very serious if you get it. I work at the vet diagnostic center that diagnosed those rabbits. We've had tularemia come thru here before from a friggen squirrel and the pathologist who did necropsy on the squirrel was out for weeks in the hospital from the infection. I believe he may have cut his hand with a blade, but who'd of thought a little common squirrel will be so deadly.

It's nothing new. Several times a year somebody was coming down, or was suspected of being infected, with Tularemia when I was growing up in rural Michigan a couple of decades ago. I even knew a guy who died from it. We still preferred shooting rabbits to birds because you didn't have to bother with defeathering, and they taste quite similar.

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

When I lived at SDC, I used to mow the grass. I was constantly running over little bunnies. For some reason, they just won't get out of the way of the mower. I didn't do it on purpose, it's just that the grass is too tall for me to see them.

And how is that cough of yours doing now?

Hmmm...bugs bunny=wmd? Shhhh....no one tell the UN, I have two wmd in my backyard.