beau31duke

Jump totals for the entire year

Hey everyone, i'm trying find out about the total number of jumps made in a year would be. By total I mean students that make only one jump all the way to licensed skydivers that make hundreds. I can almost swear that this data use to be on the USPA website but i cant find it anymore. It also told things like job professions, age groups, malfunction numbers etc. I can find part of that data on their website still but not the Jump number totals. The number i was thinking was something like 3 million but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Beau

Sorry man, but it doesn't exist.

The USPA puts out estimates based upon USPA Group Member drop zones, but there is no requirement for accuracy in reportage and no requirement from non-USPA Group Members.

I can think of at least a few reasons why drop zones would either over or under report.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

anyone have an educated guess?

Well, I'm educated and my guess would be 42.

Now, I'm not that educated in terms of the USPA and stuff, but by god I can talk Russian history. :P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So what's a rough estimate???? 34,000 + USPA members right??? if they each made 100 jumps that would be 3.4 million right but of course some make less some make more and then if you add in all the students jumps, anyone have an educated guess?

And here I thought I was the only Bo on dz.com....

Brian "Bo" Beauregard

I think our non-American friends would like us to remember that skydiving happens in other parts of the world too.

Yeah, but that doesn't count. :P

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I realize that there are many dz's outside of the US, but what i was needing was a fact. Its for my speech class in college and I'm doing my Informative speech on skydiving. For the opening the teacher wants a fact. I figured that the total number of sport skydives in a year would be a great fact to tell everyone since i'm informing them on our sport and i would like to get someone that has wanted to skydive to go out and actually do it. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Beau

Hi, Beau!

Glad you could find something to work with. If I recall correctly from your pm, you needed this information for a speech class, right? Hope this fulfills the need! I'd be interested in reading the speech - pm me if you want with the whole thing.

And glad you went to the source - if there are any numbers available, them's the folks who'd have them, rough estimate or not. It's at least a great starting place, you know?

Have a "nice" day (Nice = word of the day :P)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I didn't know the point of this thread was to "impress you".........

It isn't . . . please don't anyone ever try to impress me, that's how accidents happen ;) . . . but it's the job of the USPA to represent its facts or estimations properly.

In this case, they imply that they have an accurate fact, when in fact, it's simply a rough estimation.

AOPA also does this with regard to the number of hours they think their members fly, but in their case they admit it's a very rough estimation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think our non-American friends would like us to remember that skydiving happens in other parts of the world too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but that doesn't count.

Damnit[:/] only students skydives or also after student status, i can see i´ll need to re-type my logbook:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

ok.....Beau is new to this forum and was feeling a bit "beat up" . I was trying to "ease his pain" (ain't I just a swell girl ;)). He decided to go with ROUNDED numbers on those figures as "estimated facts" B|

He's off to do his speech as we email....

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...