sinker

Baby countdown take two...

Congrats! B| I'm so sorry you missed the birth though. I guess you'll have to get started working on another one pretty soon. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm sorry you missed the 'event', but how special.....a new baby daughter! Can't wait to see the pics of this little angel! Big girl, 9 lbs., wow!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

thanks y'all... like skymama said, guess that means we'll just have to work on another one...B|

in a way I'm glad I missed it... don't get me wrong, but Lori only had to endure 3 hours of labor... If I'd of made it, that would have meant she would have been in labor for 6 additional hours, a punishment I wouldn't wish on anyone...

thanks for the good wishes everyone...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

hey... why ain't you huggin me? are you homophobic or sumpin??? come on man, gimme sum lovin...

Hey, your part of the work was done a long time ago. I am sure you did not want a hug at that time :P;)

But to make you fell better and to make you stop whining...

((((((HUGS)))) to Michael and the otehr two kids as well ;)

alright everyone, time for prayers and vibes... probably not a big deal yet, but worth mentioning...

A duct outside baby Monica's heart hasn't closed yet. It's the ductus arteriosus, which is sort of a bypass valve b/t two big arteries that is supposed to close around 24-48 hours after birth. We're at 27 hours now, so no biggy yet, but my wife had this prob when she was a baby and had to have closed heart surgery. There's a medication that could do it now, but surgery is still something that is used.

Anyway, not to critical just yet, especially since she was such a big baby, 9 pounds... so I'll keep you posted. Heres a link for anyone interested in Patent Abductus Arteriosus...

http://www.driscollchildrens.org/DCHWeb/AboutDriscoll/content/patent_ductus_arteriosus.htm

edited to add: I just made my first CLICKY! Do I owe beer?

{{{{hugs}}}}} <<<<>>>>>> & ^^^^^prayers^^^^^.
Babies really are amazingly resilient creatures; I'm sure baby Monica will be just fine in a few hours. After all, a wonderfully short labor time like that def shows someone is on your side.

I posted this before when Rhino's wife was about to have their baby... but I really think this situation calls for it again. It helps me all the time:

A quote my mom gave me, sorry all you non-believers - it's my "crutch"

Good Morning from God

Good Morning. This is God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do) box. It will be addressed in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it or remove it. Holding or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution. Because I do not sleep, nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to loose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

thanks y'all... everything looks good right now, vitals are strong, she's eating well (sucking, actually:$) and so....

OK, so here are first PICTURES!!!!!

First is the whole famn damily, Lori (momma), me, Gabriel (4) and Hannah (6). No, Gabe isn't really upset about all of this.

Second is our wonderful little baby, just about an hour after she was born...

hope you like em...

family.jpg

Monica.jpg

Michael!

Major hugs and vibes coming your way, and lots of prayers for little one tonight.

Made my heart full to see those photos...really did. Except for that hat. That hat could give WFFC a run for his money!

Hugs and love and prayers and ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~