ChasingBlueSky

WFFC DZ.com big way attempt?

Open on date/time.

Team Lightspeed will be setting the base -- it will be fast. If you want to try out for Team Lightspeed, that is you're built like a fireplug and fall like a lead-lined safe, see me or Kris and we will practice a couple times before the attempts. To paraphrase DJan last year, if we don't have a base, we don't have a chance!

I'll definitely commit to doing this and to doing some pre-practice for those who want to help form the base.

Team Lightspeed: We use up more sky in 60 seconds than NASA.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I fully would like Scotty or the team of BillVon/Amy to organize us. B|

Do we dare try the Casa again or are we going to play it smarter and take the Otter? :ph34r:

A couple people have PM'd me wondering if I wanted to do the LO. I think I will have to pass on this since I believe that someone else could due a better and safer job than myself. I'll help with the cat herding that seems to go with organzing bigways at a boogie, and will be willing to do practice jumps with all those that want to be in the base so we can work on fall rates.

Not sure why the Casa or Skyvan wouldn't be a good idea? We could do a one plane shot with an attempt at breaking the record. Unless we have enough people with experience in a trail plane?

Does a Monday (the 4th) attempt sound like a plan? Start around 10am or so?

Moday sounds good to me.

We can organize/gather names, etc. over the weekend at the tent. Team Lightspeed will meet over the weekend and maybe practice a couple exits as we need to get back fully into RW mode from our usual hybrid/freeflying modes.

I vote for team LO by BillVon/Amy/DJan(Mustard on the forums) and would like one of them to help with Team Lightspeed base practice (come to think of it, that might be a good slot for Scotty).

We'll certainly have the talent there to set a good mark. There have been some rumblings that all dz.com records have to be from one plane, but here's one vote that says once we get it...

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Team Lightspeed will meet over the weekend and maybe practice a couple exits as we need to get back fully into RW mode from our usual hybrid/freeflying modes.

Jack, I'll be arriving Sunday around 1pm but I'll give you the rest of the day for practice if you want.

Team Lightspeed will meet over the weekend and maybe practice a couple exits as we need to get back fully into RW mode from our usual hybrid/freeflying modes.

Jack, I'll be arriving Sunday around 1pm but I'll give you the rest of the day for practice if you want.

OK, how about we start a tad early on Monday? The rest can get organized while we get one in, though I do think it may be a good idea to do one base practice on Sunday too if we have the slots figured out.

We'll have to figure out the size of the base and its shape once we know how big we're shooting for. I'll try to get things organized over the weekend and get with the LO(s) to plan it out.

There will be a signup sheet in the dropzone.com tent and signups will be taken through Sunday around 1800. If you know you will be there on Monday and want in but can't make it by then, PM me, Kris, or skybytch with your name and experience.

OK, how about we start a tad early on Monday? The rest can get organized while we get one in, though I do think it may be a good idea to do one base practice on Sunday too if we have the slots figured out.

Both work well for me. Just keep me in the loop.

I would suggest that we designate someone to hold tickets of the people that sign up. Last year we ran around trying to find the people that said they wanted on but were off doing other things. If we hold your jump ticket people are more likely to be there at the right time ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I would suggest that we designate someone to hold tickets of the people that sign up. Last year we ran around trying to find the people that said they wanted on but were off doing other things. If we hold your jump ticket people are more likely to be there at the right time ;)

Good Idea, Erk.

Any volunteers?

Anyone?

Beuhler?

Good Idea, Erk.

Any volunteers?

I will. I like holding jump tickets. ;)

Okay...a second call for someone to hold the tickets? Preferably someone who won't spend them?>:(

Wait...crap...I have to be nice to you to get a job, don't I?:|

On second thought, give your tickets to Lisa....ALL your tickets!

I vote for team LO by BillVon/Amy/DJan(Mustard on the forums)

What about Mary (flyangel)? Id say she qualifies, and she's got WFFC wrapped around her little, um, er, never mind..... ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

What about Mary (flyangel)? Id say she qualifies, and she's got WFFC wrapped around her little, um, er, never mind..... ;)

She's already put in for the jump. If she wants to be the LO, that's cool. Guess we'll just let all the dz.com LOs fight it out amongst themselves.;)

:o
Oh I get it, you mean WFFC as in World Freefall Convention, not Michael.

She's already put in for the jump. If she wants to be the LO, that's cool. Guess we'll just let all the dz.com LOs fight it out amongst themselves.

I can take them all on with one hand tied behind my back. B|

I'm sure between Bill, Amy and DJan we can work something out. Making sure jumpers are in a slot that's going to work for them is the most important thing. Everyone has to be flying in their comfort level and every slot is a glory slot.

edited to add: Let's not forget about Windsor, I'm sure I can talk him into joining us.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

:)The WFFC, didn't I? ;)

My comfort level is up to early diver now. Late diver, maybe.

I weighed about 160 with lead and gear last year. I'm closing in on 180 nekkid this year. There was a post last year that said I needed to eat a cow. Well, I quit smoking, and now it seems like a cow ain't enough.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Scotty would love to help organize the record attempt. He will be oganizing for the convention as well. I also think a MASS DZ.COM SCR Jump would be fun as well "along with the ceremony". Just picture all those DZ.COMMER MAGOTS lined up on thier knees getting poured on :o!!!!
<<>>

Scotty would love to help organize the record attempt. He will be oganizing for the convention as well. I also think a MASS DZ.COM SCR Jump would be fun as well "along with the ceremony". Just picture all those DZ.COMMER MAGOTS lined up on thier knees getting poured on :o!!!!
<<>>

Well, now that we have the interest - let's start hamering out the details:

Practice jumps: Sunday the 3rd, meet at the DZ.com tent. Need a time for this.

Record attempt: Monday the 4th, meet at the DZ.com tent. Need a time - start early, say 10am?

LO: Bill/Amy/Flyangel/FlyAnglel/ScottyC all have been mentioned. One or two of them want to step up and claim it?

Ticket Holder: skybytch

Sound good? Anything else?

Dude, take a chill pill -- you're getting WAY too regimented for WFFC.

Yes it will be cool to get a dz.com record, but that's not what the convention is about and we have some definite ideas of how to go about it, but...

Like I stated earlier in this thread, there will be a signup sheet at the tent, we'll try to design the jump after 1800 on Sunday and gather for attempts at 1000 on Monday. Lets not go putting pressure on people, that is most assuredly not what WFFC is all about.

And that will do exactly what you DON'T want to happen; end up with only low-timers who feel like being regimented. Personally, if I want to do "real" big-ways at the convention, I will simply go jump with Ponce's group. Best to just see what truly-qualified people are standing around the tent on "the day", then work with what we have. From personal experience, I can tell you that while there are a lot of people on the "I will be at Rantoul" list, rarely will we have more than about ten people in the tent. There is simply too much shit to get into at the convention to be tied to one location.

Chuck

And that will do exactly what you DON'T want to happen; end up with only low-timers who feel like being regimented. Personally, if I want to do "real" big-ways at the convention, I will simply go jump with Ponce's group. Best to just see what truly-qualified people are standing around the tent on "the day", then work with what we have. From personal experience, I can tell you that while there are a lot of people on the "I will be at Rantoul" list, rarely will we have more than about ten people in the tent. There is simply too much shit to get into at the convention to be tied to one location.

Chuck

Yup, pretty much what I have noticed the past couple of years. I'm guilty of it as well - usually not spending too much time in anyone spot so I can catch all that is going on. I know there was more than a few hours that went by that no one was in the DZ.com tent last year.

I figured if everyone had an idea of where/when to be, we might have a few more people hanging around the tent when it comes time to dirt dive.

Even if we only do a 10 way - I know it will be a blast!

It must also be noted that a lot of the most experienced dot.commers will be tied up most days organizing and instructing. I will be at the BirdMan tent, BillVon, Winsor, DJan, etc will be in the "free organizing" tents. I am sure we can pull together some great talent for more than one jump, but probably not any regimented back-to-backs like we did at Eloy.

Chuck