armyjumper82

what's my military gear worth?

Ok so I have a quick question, used to jump army chutes in the 82nd and recently came into possession of a T10-D main chute, pack tray, jump harness with a complete MIRPS reserve chute. Was able to get a National Guard Rigger to pack both chutes and now I'm looking to get rid of them. Problem is I don't have a clue what the whole set would be worth or where the best place to try to sell it would be, any ideas?

Ok so I have a quick question, used to jump army chutes in the 82nd and recently came into possession of a T10-D main chute, pack tray, jump harness with a complete MIRPS reserve chute. Was able to get a National Guard Rigger to pack both chutes and now I'm looking to get rid of them. Problem is I don't have a clue what the whole set would be worth or where the best place to try to sell it would be, any ideas?

You will need the receipt you got from DRMO when you purchased the gear. With out it, well, you wont find any legit buyers here.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

And besides all that legal stuff, almost no one wants to jump a T-10 for sport. There might be a few guys who would like to jump it as a novelty, but that would be a one-off kind of thing. Nobody is going to want it to jump on a regular basis. I left T-10's behind back in the 70's, thankfully.

But if you list it in the "for sale" section of this web site, there might be someone, somewhere in the world, willing to buy it.

I wouldn't give up too easy ~ contact any of the commemorative airborn wings (I believe they have one in Arkansas and one in Texas) ~ there is a use for stuff like that, and they will keep it in the air. There is a group of guys here in Kansas that go down and jump that stuff every other weekend for 'fun'. :S

=========Shaun ==========

jump that stuff every other weekend for 'fun'

Don't knock it till you try it

I have not jumped one since 2004..... yeeah.. came down a tad faster than I remember back in the day:ph34r::ph34r:

Next time take a pee before you get on the plane[;)

We were at the shelton (town) on Monday saw two hooks from Ft lewis flying a race track pattern dropping one static line/pass at the airport.

The s/l's looked like usual army stuff, low.;)

K-RIP

I sold a bunch of C-9 canopies on ebay a couple of years ago for about $35 each average. Your canopies would not be much different. The harness is virtually worthless. The only real use for the canopies is car cover or a nostalgia jump (of which I want no part).
D-1594- USPA Instructor Examiner-PCA LIFE MEMBER #377-National Judge -Gold wings# 1223- Okla Pope #5-Master Rigger

And besides all that legal stuff, almost no one wants to jump a T-10 for sport. There might be a few guys who would like to jump it as a novelty, but that would be a one-off kind of thing. Nobody is going to want it to jump on a regular basis. I left T-10's behind back in the 70's, thankfully.

But if you list it in the "for sale" section of this web site, there might be someone, somewhere in the world, willing to buy it.

I have a friend who jumps a Para-commander on a regular basis, there was a picture of him doing head down with it and a short story about him in Blue Skies a few months ago. http://i.imgur.com/MmKwL.jpg That's a scan of the article in question.
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"