jumpy

Who here's got a Motorbike?

state limitation on first bikes!!!?!? what the hell? are you serious? glad i live where i am free. anyway...i ride a vmax...lots of other bikes prior to that. one of my favorites was a big duel sport yamaha XT 550...great bike, never ever a problem, and it would go anywhere, i mean anywhere! and cheap, you can get a used bike like this for 1500.00 or so.

I have a YZF-R1 ,tweaked a little bit,full race Exhaust System ( No EXUP ) and shes kicking out 160 Bhp....great bike,easy to ride and very managable ( But then again I race club supersport ).. nice around town,all the power top end so a good medium.

oh and its totally road legal...been in trouble a few times..but hey ,I have proof Cops victimize Bikers..got stopped once ,after 5 minutes of paper shuffling and walking around the bike,I ask the cop why he pulled me and what was my wrong doing...his reply
" I dont know yet..."
I told him I was a Lawyer.....he let me go..but followed me for 15 KM

i have 2 bmws a 78 that has 213,000 miles yes thats right 2 hundred thirteen thousand. the thing to do is like many here have said take the msf safety course.they provide everything you need.might give ya a idea if you want own a bike or not.***if you are going to be stupid you better be tough

I don't know what's common where you are... About 250 cc's will tet you to highway speeds, be easy to pick up if you drop it, and easy to sell whenever you decide what you're going to ride for the long haul. Make it a brand that's popular locally, for the same reason.

If there's a training class in Oz, take it. You get to practice on someone else's bike. Also, you should be able to comfortably straddle the bike with your feet flat on the ground,

Have a great time!

Wendy W.
1994 HD Low Rider Custom
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I rode a Yamaha FZR 600 for a couple of years, was my first bike too. I sometimes scared the living shit out of myself pulling full throttle. Keeps you alert :D. I sold it, maybe I'll get back to riding one time, I really liked just start riding and end up somewhere lost and happy, cruising down country roads.

Old photo attached. Disregard silly look B| and low maintenance haircut.

By Motorbike do you mean a Dirtbike or street bike?? I just got my 2nd personal bike last night. A CR125, a nice little ex-race bike. It might be a little small for me but it is fast with my fat butt on it. Some one who is just starting out on a dirt bike should start small and old. Ask my mom what happened to her DT 250 when she let me ride it. Thats only if your looking at a dirtbike, which now that I read a little better your not. Oh well

2002 VFR 800 VTEC. Bought it 12,000 from the UK to Sydney. It rules.

By the way I think that restrictions on first bikes is a great thing. I paid my dues on an SR 125 around London for a year. if you had stuck me on an 800 straight off I would be dead by now. You wouldn't let a newbie fly a 100 square foot eliptical now would you...?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

I started on a Suzuki LS650 - a 650 cc thumper ( single cylinder ) . I was still in highschool, so that was a pretty good ride as compared to what other people were driving :) Great beginner bike too. Low seat height, light.. I rode it for 6 months ( ~~~ 3000 miles ), passed my Ohio endorsement test, and got my next bike. A few things said - I think that going cruiser, and small/medium displacement would definately be the best way to start. Also the MSF course is strongly recommended - better safe than sorry, right ?

Next was a 1990 BMW K1 - I LOVE that bike, still got it i fact. If you have to ask what it is - just look at the pic. The BMW community knows it's a GEM :)

Finally after doing some 500mi days, I broke down and got myself a 2000 K1200LT-C . Basically a 740 on 2 wheels, or a Goldwing on steroids - you pick :)

All in all - make sure you get a LEARNER bike first, pass your endorsement test ( or whatever else your state/province/country requires ) and when you feel confident, get something you WANT. And remember - there are only two types of motorcyclists : the ones who went down, and the ones who will .

Paul

My bike is the nicest non-Harley.

BMW K1200RS. 2002.

Goodnight.

OK, some of the Duc's are pretty nice, but no luggage.

And that Hayabusa. Grrr, baby, grrr.

Getting a new saddle at the Corbin Factory on my birthday! Love my scooter!

My bike is the nicest non-Harley.

BMW K1200RS. 2002.

Goodnight.

OK, some of the Duc's are pretty nice, but no luggage.

And that Hayabusa. Grrr, baby, grrr.

Getting a new saddle at the Corbin Factory on my birthday! Love my scooter!

BMWs rock. Show me one Harley that passed 100K , and afterward show me another that passed 200K :)

1990 BMW K1
2000 BMW K1200LT-C

I have an Aprilia RS 125... beautiful, but italian... like italian girls, look nice, full of character, but despite you give them all love and affection, attention etc you never now if you will make your way home,,,
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

not true,
well not ALL Italians anyways,
your highly strung Italian will give you greif.
My GINA (yes it's got a name) has never let me down yet.
Guzzi's have a double redundant systen, 2 coils 2 set of points, 2 carbies, 2 feul taps, 2 Cylenders:)If need be I can ride her as a 500 single:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?