skybytch

WFFC '03 DZ.com Tent!

People are already planning to bring beer to the tent... I think maybe we need to start getting busy putting the funds and stuff together so we can have a kick-ass tent for them to bring the beer to.

It was around $500 for the tent last year IIRC. Rather than hoping people will chip in like last year, this year I think we should try to get money together ahead of time. Who'll volunteer to collect it and reserve the tent for us?

We'll also need funds to buy a couple of couches - that loveseat last year was comfy but we really could have used more seating. How much were they last year?

Really need the help of the local and semi-local jumpers with decorations and fixtures. Last year a few of us hit WalMart for lights, tarps, chairs, and power strips. Would be great if those driving to Rantoul this year could bring some of that stuff.

Here's my wish list for the tent this year (add your wishes to it) -

Power strips (2-3), extension cords (at least one), lights (clear x-mas type worked great; 4 strands), tarps to pack on (2-3), VCR and small TV for watching video, boombox w/CD player for tunes, 2 couches, heavy duty ice chest for beer/water/sodas, chairs, fans... and a huge white board for signing in on. ;)

I will take the job of getting the big things again under those conditions, Lisa, but I can't front the whole thing again. Will you organize the miscellania, or do you want someone else to help? Sunshine?

The tent was $450, couches were available from $50 for a love seat and $75 and up for larger couches.

My Paypal account ([email protected]) is still active and I will provide contact info upon request for those who want to use other methods of funding.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

If the Eloy Boogie was anything to go by I think Rantoul is going to be a rave!

Heh. If Rantoul last year is anything to go by, I may not survive WFFC this year! :ph34r:

You can say that again. No, really, you can!

I'm not back at work yet, but will be by mid march-early april. Put me down for $50 of the tent and couches.

I also have a 13" TV/VCR combo I'll bring along.....ac/dc, just in case the power goes out. It's got A/V inputs in front too, for those dubs that seem to be needed at the wrong time.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

This might be a stupid question, but I'm new to both these forums and the WFFC. What is the tent for?
Load-organizing, or a good place to hang out for a while after some more fantastic jumps?

This year will be my first WFFC, and I live only 10 miles from Rantoul, a bit closer than Europe :)
See ya all in Rantoul!

Don't underestimate your ability to screw up!

Sync up with Betsy, I've spoken with her about this.... Me thinks you guys should get a team going on this so it doesn't fall on one person to make it all happen! :)

Does this mean I'm finally gonna get to meet the red hot fork carrier?
It's your life, live it!

Imagine a row of load organizer tents, and anywhere from 2000-5000+ skydivers. Sound a little crowded? Now head over to dropzone row, and you'll find the Dropzone.com tent, right next to the best food at the WFFC!

The tent is basically a place for the dz.commers to gather, drink pack, nig nog, whatever!
It's your life, live it!

One other thing that I suggest are camera/cell phone chargers. We had just enough last year to keep everyone powered up. A twister board can be useful too ;) Other small things that need brought are bottle openers, we always seem to be looking for one. And if someone thinks enought and sees used ones for sale, something like tv dinner trays or a ratty coffee table to place stuff like the cameras and phones to avoid the over night dew.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

A twister board can be useful to

hopefully this year there won't be any interuptions before the twister comp like last year...when it got canceled...:)

Hopefully this year the twister comp will be made more widely known too......:S
It's your life, live it!

Maby a t-1 line that would be great!!!!!j/k:P

--

Ummmm...I'm not sharing...
btw - Cajones and I will be setting up an internet cafe this year. It's still preliminary, but it will probably be a go.

that's it Michael, we're not telling you any more secrets:P
http://www.exitshot.com

Betsy made ELOY freakin awesome

:$
Ok guys....looks like I will be arriving via SDA otter or by King Air. Either way I'll be bringing some "goodies".
When I have finished the final arrangemnets for Mem Day, I can work on this.
I did generate:P pms and email to some of the organizers at this event 6 weeks ago. I've yet to hear anything.....somebody crack that whip! Oh wait....Is Bill coming? Bwahhhhhhhhh

A twister board can be useful to
------------------------------------------------------------
hopefully this year there won't be any interuptions before the twister comp like last year...when it got canceled...
----------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully this year the twister comp will be made more widely known too......

I still have the official dz.com Twister in the trunk of my car, it will be coming along with me again this year. Considering i live a whopping 1 hour from rantoul, i'll be driving and can bring just about anything we need. Put me down for TV trays, i got some old crappy ones that i'll donate. I got a CD player boombox too.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

In a related note. It would be nice if Power,tv,vcr were available at the orginizing tents. also someway to safegaurd equipment left on the ground. I did some video on the orginized dives just for shits and grins (ok, sometimes ppl chipped in and i got my slot payed for.) But i was at a loss when people asked for a copy of my tape. I have no problem giving footage to the people on the dive.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Ahhh but i do love that z1. it fit so perfectly.. just kidding. that really sucks.

the last year in quincy on my first jump i landed betwixt the taxiways and a truck came to get me, i jumped in and as we drove back i noticed a hawkeye with a cam rolling around my feet. I picked it up and passed it through the window to the drivers. I am not always the most honost person but it never occured to me till later there were other, less honorable options. Hope that helmet got back to the owner.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

It would be nice if Power,tv,vcr were available at the orginizing tents.

This isn't an LO tent, it's "our" tent. We'll definitely have power, TV and VCR. :)
Additions to wish list! Anybody semi-local have a lockable footlooker or something like that so people can leave stuff in the tent and not worry about it? Cell phones and laptops for Wednesday night's Pub night. Chargers for phones and cameras.

Okay, here's what we have so far -
jceman - $ collection and reserving the tent (Jack, pm Betsy about this)
sunshine - the official dz.com twister game, TV trays, boombox
RevJim - TV/VCR combo, big white board for sign in
skybytch - bottle openers, pull up cords

So does that mean that the rack WILL be attending this year? YEPPIE!!!!!

Assuming that everything continues to go according to my evil plan, I'll be there this year. B|