LawnDart21

Shameless Self Promotion (again) Still Not Smoking...

Okay, so this Sunday is going to be my 6 month anniversay quitting smoking. I smoked a pack a day for 10 years, and then quit cold turkey......I estimate I have saved ($4.25 per pack times 180 days, I've saved $765, divide that by $19 a jump, I've just paid for my next 40 jumps!!!! YAHOO!!!

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

I'm a victim of advertising, just like Camel Joe and the Marlboro Man got me to want to smoke, all the "infect-truth.org" commercials about smoking, like how it contains ammonia and junk like that, well, I inadvertently saw a commercial on New Year's Eve, and I thought to myself "F*ck that, I'm done with this sh*t", snuffed out my smoke at about 10pm New Years's eve 12/31/01, and haven't had one since. Withdrawl wasn't bad, a couple of bad days in the begging, but other than that, no symptoms, and I just quit cold turkey, no patch or gum. If your thinking about quitting do it. I never thought I'd be able to quit, especially around other smokers at the DZ, but it's not as hard as you think. If you really want to quit, you can do it. Good luck!

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Yeah...I know it's not that hard..I've quit before for 6 months. Then one drunken Christmas party and BAM...I'm back. I'm working on it. Weening myself a little bit. Bought a new car 2 years ago, don't smoke in it. Moved a couple months ago and don't smoke in my new apartment. Next step is not taking smoke breaks at work, then I'll try for the total stoppage.

Bill I am sorry about your mom. That is incentive right there...........

Kev ~ That is how I am. No smoking till after work. No smoking in my car. And no smoking in my house. During the week I smoke about 8-10 a day after work before bed. On the weekends at the DZ though it's almost a pack[:/] Slowly but surely I am preparing myself to succesfuly quit. next couple months anyway............lol

Way to go Tom!!! Doesn't it feel so much better now that you can smell things and don't have a hack every morning?
I just had my one year anniversary on May 4th. Usually I wouldn't have even bothered but it was the day after I was laid off so it's easy to remember..
Keep up the great success :)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Way to go to all of you who have stopped! You guys who don't smoke in your houses and cars, but still smoke otherwise....I bet your houses and cars still smell like smoke to non-smokers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Kev ~ That is how I am. No smoking till after work. No smoking in my car. And no smoking in my house. During the week I smoke about 8-10 a day after work before bed. On the weekends at the DZ though it's almost a pack Slowly but surely I am preparing myself to succesfuly quit. next couple months anyway............lol

I'm doing the same thing, except I'm a couple of steps ahead of you. I'm now at the point that I don't smoke during the week at all. EVEN when I go out drinking, I don't smoke - and that was a huge hurdle for me to get over.

The one last hurdle I haven't been able to deal with is heading to the DZ. I rarely last a few hours before finding someone to bum a one from, shortly thereafter I'm on my way to the nearest store. Some day.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Way to go to all of you who have stopped! You guys who don't smoke in your houses and cars, but still smoke otherwise....I bet your houses and cars still smell like smoke to non-smokers.

That smoke smell is so aggravating. My car smelled fresh from new until I got a girlfriend who smoked. Within weeks, it was unpleasant, even when I was in the car by myself. I banned smoking in my car, but it doesn't smell as nice as it used to. I will never again allow smoking in any car I own...and when I move into my new house, I'm going to ban smoking there as well. Luckily, my roommate quit a few weeks ago, so he'll be down for not allowing it either.

I just heard on tv this morning, that the price of cigarettes in New York City is going up to $7.00 a pack. That is obscene!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just heard on tv this morning, that the price of cigarettes in New York City is going up to $7.00 a pack. That is obscene!

Yeah. I believe it's all of New York State. I think the move is going to effectively put legal cigarettes out of the price ranges of kids, which is good, but I suspect a healthy black market is going to crop up.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I think the move is going to effectively put legal cigarettes out of the price ranges of kids, which is good, but I suspect a healthy black market is going to crop up.

About 5 years ago they boosted the taxes in Ontario to make smokes quite expensive - and yes, a big black market came up. The imported cigarettes came from - yup, you guessed it - New York.

It later came out in court that the manufacturers and distributers were actually encouragin the smuggling - I guess this was the US's revenge for Seagrams supplying Al Capone.

Anyways, Both Ontario and New York have raised taxes at about the same time, by about the same amount. This means the smuggling won't be cross border, at least - but I dunno about cross state.

Illinois and Indiana both raised taxes at the same time, so that'll help the smuggling here.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Good one.

I've Just had myu first day for 13 years without a smoke, before that I'd seriously cut down from about 15/20 a day to one a day and when I go out. I've managed this from the last 2 months. The biggest things are not smoking at work or in the car. I have my only smoke just before I go to bed (just for the wicked dreanms that I get)

Keep it up

Nick

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Hello everybody,

I thought I'd tell you all that I have been off the fags for a total of 9 dayz. Its been ok so far, But I have noticed I'm very short tempered for the last few dayz. I assume this will continue for some time. I decided that if I worked out regularly and swim, not that i can swim well... it will settle me down a bit, But i'm not sure it's working. I think I'm at the solitary confinement stage now. What do you think?

Hope you don't get Banned!

Congratulations to all you quitters. Many congratulations!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)