DJL

Smoking at the DZ

Cigerette butts where kids play on the ground? Yeah, I know kids shouldn't be there but they are. We were having a really intelligent conversation within my DZ about smoking. About parents who knowingly harm their children by smoking in the house, about smokers who are concientious and smoke elsewhere. I don't think it's any big deal.

So, grab a beer and a marshmellow...oh, also a Camel Light...because "Here's to smoking!" Cheers.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Just for the record...I have tried to quit several times. The feeling of want and desire that you rbody goes thru sucks, really bad, expecially when you consider that it is not "If" it will alter your body in a way that is detrimental, it is "When" smoking will do that.

Of the few things in life that I regret, smoking is always going to be #1
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As a smoker I always try and be considerate of non-smokers. Especially children. I won't smoke in the house if there are children there and won't smoke while holding them and things like that. I do think it bad to do that around kids. I often give shit to my friends who smoke around there little ones. As far as smoking outside goes, back off if I ned a smoke and I am outside leave me alone. There is plenty of room for us all. If I am in my space and you don't like it go away, come back when I am done.
Dom

z-hills has lots of signs asking you to dispose properly of your butts, and also has lots of places to do so. I think this helps a lot. I know I use them.

I don't smoke all that much, mostly on weekends. I'm very busy during the week. I don't have an addictive personality, so I quit for days at a time no problems, but still I enjoy smoking while I drink, and on the weekends so I do it. I will not smoke or allow anyone else to smoke in my house. It smells and I have a dog.

I think it is wrong for people to smoke with their kids in the house. My aunt does it and her son has asthma. A friend also does it. I don't make a fuss about it, they aren't my kids, and regardless of what I think, it's none of my business.

Angela.

smoking kills, people who smoke are dumb and try to kill non-smokers....i hope you get flamed djl for saying it's a good thing....you obviously don't love your fellow skydivers and are a big-fat stupid head and should take up bowling!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I am sure to stay upwind of smoke now, and I can actually hang in the hangars where smoking is not allowed.

2+ months without that nasty tar and niccy fits. This ROCKS!!!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Being a Non-Smoker and in the military cigarette butts piss me off.

I do not understand why smokers, smoke in the car and then throw the butt out the window. It is just plane rude!! Smokers have no consideration for Nature or others.

In the military soldiers get the displeasure of having to pick those nasty things up. This is after they have been in someones mouth you don't even know.

I am so happy that Florida passed the no smoking law in all restaurants. It is much more pleasant to go out and eat without my eyes burning.

I have said enough. I just plane hate cigarettes!

Long Swoops & Safe Landings,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Smokers have no consideration for Nature or others.

Y'know, not all smokers toss their butts out the window or on the ground. Some smokers make a point of putting butts in an ashtray or other suitable recepticle.

And not all smokers are oblivious of what their smoke can and does do to others. Some of them actually attempt to be considerate of others when they smoke by moving away and downwind and only smoking outside.

Hey, some smokers are even glad that some states have laws like California's - where smoking isn't allowed in virtually ANY public building.

And lots and lots of smokers keep trying to quit, even though they've failed miserably at it before.

I don't think it's any big deal.

So, grab a beer and a marshmellow...oh, also a Camel Light...because "Here's to smoking!" Cheers.

It is a big deal. Second hand smoke is very harmful, especially for children.

If you choose to smoke, that is your decision. But your comments imply that you don't have any regard for the consequences of smoking on those that you smoke around, and frankly that kinda sucks...

DRIVING IN YOUR CAR CAUSES POLLUTION WHICH IS HARMFUL TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND CHILDREN WITH DEVELOPING LUNGS, YET YOU DO NOT SEE PEOPLE SAYING "DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR NEAR MY KIDS!" UNLESS SOMEONE IS DRIVING ON THE SIDEWALK, THEN MOST PEOPLE SAY DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR HERE B/C YOU'LL KILL SOMEONE!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

ummm...you don't have to yell.

i realize that there are a lot of things in this world that cause pollution and can severely screw up developing lungs. this thread started with a statement that seemed to me to say "who cares about this? fuck it! yay smoking!" my only point was that people do care because it is harmful. it is a big deal...i wasn't saying that other things don't have the same effect.

ummm...you don't have to yell.

Sorry, I wasn't yelling. SkyBytch said that smart people use capital letters, I was just trying to act smrt!

edit for spelling of Bytch

---------------------

Ah hell if you wanna smoke then smoke I just lkook at it as population control....I mean think about it they say 1200 people diea day from smoking...so if everyone quit smoking holy shit this planet would explode with people...say I say SMOKEM IF YA GOT EM!!:P

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

a statement that seemed to me to say "who cares about this? fuck it! yay smoking!"

My initial statement was to query/voice the opinion of both sides. I CERTAINLY never used the F word!

I think people should be able to smoke responsibly but for the love of God, please be downwind. Also brush your teeth. We were on jump run and a guy on my load leaned close to say something to me and I almost puked on him.

Peace,
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

a statement that seemed to me to say "who cares about this? fuck it! yay smoking!"

My initial statement was to query/voice the opinion of both sides. I CERTAINLY never used the F word!

I think people should be able to smoke responsibly but for the love of God, please be downwind. Also brush your teeth. We were on jump run and a guy on my load leaned close to say something to me and I almost puked on him.

Peace,

sorry if i misinterpreted what you were saying.

and yeah...i agree about the downwind/teeth brushing stuff fo' sho'

"And not all smokers are oblivious of what their smoke can and does do to others. Some of them actually attempt to be considerate of others when they smoke by moving away and downwind and only smoking outside."

The battle against cigarette litter can only be won if smokers join the fight together. Of course, there are millions of smokers who don't litter their cigarettes, and are actively spreading the word to fellow smokers not to litter. Unfortunately, they are still a small minority. If you are a considerate smoker who doesn't litter, THANK YOU! Please continue setting a positive example. Remember: CIGARETTES ARE NOT BIODEGRADABLE! Sorry for the all-caps, but this is a gigantic myth.

g

I know there wild woman. It is kind of like the news though. You usually only see the bad things.

I know many people who do the right thing. That posts really refers to those who are inconsiderate.

Hey Angela, way to go. I knew you were a cool Chica. BTW I have Asthma. Although most people would never know since I run a 6:15min mile(well before my injury). I have not tested my leg yet. I do some light jogging.

I hope this clarified for anyone who got excited about my comment. :)
Oh and have a safe Drive there Wild Woman!!!!!

Laters,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES