Beerlight

What was your 15 Minutes of Fame?

I hear everyone has "15 minutes of fame" sometime in a lifetime. So, what's yours??? (Doesn't necessarily have to do with skydiving......)
, I know!)

I was in some movies.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Front page of the local paper three times for either skydiving, barefooting, or wakeboarding when it was snowing outside.

Or you were supposed to be working.

Never a good idea to make the front page of the local paper at a time you were supposed to be at work.

How many Donuts did that one cost you? ;)

LATERS,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Sorry this is so long and I hope it makes sense.

I do not believe that this 15 minutes was about me as AirAnn, (a nickname given to me after I insisted on naming an Otter AirAnn), but about AirAnn.com.
AirAnn is a person who is falable, AirAnn.com is more of a community service.

The idea was born in mid 2000 and a short article about AirAnn.com appeared Jan 2001 or 2002, I cant remember. The Parachtist article was about my quest to encourage and further Womens Skydiving. It spotlighed the program for women to get a free tandem. A charity thing. AirAnn.com is pending non profit status. Up to now I have in lieu of personal jumps have given this award away. (jump, video & pictures)

Cliff Notes- 17 yr old girl was nominated for the First Fresh Air Award. She lived in a church home until the birth of her baby, child was given up for adoption, she studied during her stay and was accepted in to an East cost College. 3 months after the birth and at 18 she did the tandem. Her words in the article about her experience are outstanding. Many people got goosebumps after reading it.

This jump was the first one and since then I havent had nominations due to the fact my site has not been redone. I declined in having my picture with the article. I feel like its not about AirAnn.com at all, but about the jumper.

AirAnn.com is currently under construction and 80% finished.

The site also spotlights several skydivers who have done extrordinary things and despite odds skydive. It is very interesting and inspiring. Very cool reading.

The skydiver network included is for to have skydivers a place to list their businesses or skills for other skydivers to review and hire. Example: plumbers, handy men, private pilots, persons who teach flying, computer programmers, website developers, accountants, landscapers, real estate persons and Insurance sales persons. In addition the network will be a place for skydivers to list their information regarding people needed for jobs. In other words hire a skydiver for work you need done. A person can have an email account @ airann.com, and can login themselves. A person can use a form there to contact me, submit details about their business, or whateverthey would like say, pro or con.

In the past almost all emails sent to Ask AirAnn.com were from women and men students and low numbered jumpers. I answered every one of them. The most amazing thing is the emails were nearly 95% questions they felt like they couldnt ask anyone else, for fear of looking stupid or dumb. Incredible isnt it?

The AirAnn.com mentor program pairs experienced jumpers with students/low numbered jumpers at their dropzone no matter where it is. This has worked very well and past my expectations by far. Skydivers are overwhelmingly ready to help. Students either dont know who to ask or fear approaching an experienced jumper. I bridge the gap.

These things were mentioned in the just below 1/2 page in the magazine.

BTW--They did NOT name the plane AirAnn [:/] Poot!! I still think that was an error. :D

~AirAnn~

Been in the papers locally, and in other towns for promoting the WFFC.
Had a funny published in the Readers Digest (got paid for it!)
Spent 14 years in city government, been featured a few times for that, some good, some bad.
Got interviewed for having Doc Severinson come into my music store and spend some time with me.
Ditto when Stepan Grapellis band came in.
I've done a few commercials for local businesses, who hired me, after they saw the commercial I produced for my music shop.
Had John Deere Insurance hire me to do a commercial for them (good money, yea, I'm cheap) It ran nationally.
Had the AP pick up an article that was written about me being a violin maker, and had that run internationally. That was cool, heard from friends from all over.
Occasionally I have done some ghost writing for one of our editorialists in the Quad City Times. (Davenport Iowa)
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Well I'm not sure this was a "real 15 minute of fame" but it felt like it for me.....Was in Raeford actually.....Was planning my last jump of the weekend with DaGimp and Steve Lee comes up and asked to join on (AAAHHHH - my heart started pounding cause I know he is a BAD ASS FLIER and I am a NEW freeflier).....so we exit the Casa, Dagimp backslides to God knows where and there I am, flying like it was nothing (not a foot from Steve Lee), holding my slot while he was docking all over me....GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Not a big deal you say - was to me since I had like 30 sit jumps at that time and was able to "hang with a WAY cool kid". Got a picture of him signing my log book afterwards ( I had a big cheesey smile) and he had NO CLUE how he just made my day.....

So was that my "15 minutes of fame"?.....maybe not but it's a story I love to relive for sure!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Oh man ... you've just slammed DaGimp. ;) I got to meet DaGimp in Rantoul, but never jumped with him. :S Then again, I didn't jumped with any other DZ.COMers while I was in Rantoul and how bad is that? >:(

Now how's that for hijacking a thread. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I taught Russian on tv via satellite for three years, and then 7 years later ended up teaching business ESL via satellite and cable. I was standing in a Mexican fast food place in another city and the person next to me said, "Don't you teach Russian on tv?"

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

I'm typing at a terminal in the Discovery Channel's show Extreme Machines (the space shuttle one)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've never actually been on tv before, but I've been mentioned (and teased) by sports play-by-play and color analysts - oh, and my name has whizzed by in the credits as well. I prefer to remain off camera, thank you very much!

Fall in dove.

There used to be a morning TV programme on Channel 4 in the UK called big breakfast, i rang up and got to read a limerick!! I was about 12 at the time and i thought I was cool!!

Here's the limerick...

There was an old lady from Twickers,
Who went to tea with 2 vicars,
she drank lots and lots,
in fact 20 pots,
no wonder she pissed in her knickers!!

Cool eh?

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------