ltdiver

Jay Stokes!

Jay is currently well on his way to a new world record tonight! He started his new 24 hour quest just after 8:05 AM this morning and is on a new record setting pace.

If he keeps up this pace set so far, he will have 544 skydives in 24 hours.

Exit altitude: 2,100'
Fastest plane turn around (Porter) 2 minutes 5 seconds!
Fastest climb to altitude: 56 seconds!

Jay lands, and while he has JUST finished his flare and is running out, he unclips his leg straps and runs to his next held rig. He's only on the ground for a mere few seconds...

There are 2 Porters, 30 Javelin rigs with Spectre mains. All Cypres equipped. Jay himself has packed ALL the reserves.

It's freakin' AMAZING watching this all happen!

Stay tuned!
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

pass along well wishes if ya can and let him know i say "go for it" and as some say... go big or go home............well he is definatly not going home...

Well, I would but he's not stopping to talk right now....;)

Actually, one news reporter wanted to do an interview with Jay and asked John DeSantis to arrange it for him. John grinned and 'invited' him to ride along to 'interview' Jay in freefall...;)

Nope, he's not stopping. And the support personnel are awesome! Pizza anyone? B|

ltdiver

wow it's in a consecutive 24 hour period.... that takes some guts.... what i've seen before was 24 hours total time over like 2 days..... my respect level just went up.......

quote from www.mostjumps.com
We have problems with one of the Porters... Jay was on the ground for 15 minutes before we got the other Porter up in the air. So now he only has one plane. And it is still raining.. Jay has now done 456 jumps and he has 3.5 hours to go. Not the best conditions but he is going strong!!

from www.mostjumps.com

edited to clarify.

Just saw a 20 second spot on national TV about him. They were obviously showing footage from yesterday because it was light (the sun hasn't quite risen yet today), but there was a polka dot cessna (??? - not sure about what kind of plane, but it was polka dotted) sitting there. He was cinching his leg straps up as he trotted to the plane...

Wayyyyyyyyy kewl! Go JAY!!!!!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Just saw a 20 second spot on national TV about him. They were obviously showing footage from yesterday because it was light (the sun hasn't quite risen yet today), but there was a polka dot cessna (??? - not sure about what kind of plane, but it was polka dotted) sitting there. He was cinching his leg straps up as he trotted to the plane...

Wayyyyyyyyy kewl! Go JAY!!!!!

Ciels-
Michele

The plane is a Porter.

never pull low......unless you are

The plane is a Porter.

Ah. Well, see? I have no idea what I'm seeing, thanks for the info. LOL, at least I knew it was polka dotted. (We could blame it on the fact that I haven't had enough coffee, but the truth is I just didn't know....;)).

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

So which Porter went down?! AZ or Spot? And is it fixable in time to be back on-line for Jay?

It's raining cats and dogs here at my house (about an hour away from Elsinore). Is it just as grey and wet there at the DZ?

ltdiver