AggieDave

Help: Dog names

My roommate is getting a dog tomorrow. Before you ask, I can't remember what breed, but I know its basically a mutt from the shelter. She's being "snipped" today so we'll get her tomorrow.

Anways, how about some cool female dog names ideas?

Skydiving terms have been ruled out (after 10 minutes of me going through a shitload of possible names that were all skydiving related).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Taylor > tailor > one who sews > rigger > one who skydives > dog's SD name the long way ;)

The six degrees of naming a dog?

B|

Ah - got a suggestion.....

My sister's dog's name is Meeker. There are a billion different RW formations, with some good names. Try that one out.

My wife and I have the lab Boo-Who hid behind a planter and peek-a-booed at us as a puppy - bloodhound Macy-I wanted to name her Pepper after the Police Woman character (bloodhound being a police dog) but my better half moved that on to Macy after Mace, the pepper spray. Border Collie Smidgen which is another way of saying "a little bit" which is what I got when I brought the puppy home. You can stretch far and wide making up associational pet names.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

How about "Stay"? :S

"C'mere, Stay. C'mere, Stay." :D:D

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Well, my cats are named after George Lucas movies...

Anakin got so named because he couldn't master the carpet/tile transition and kept slamming into the front door when he tried to corner from the den to the kitchen, two days after we saw Episode 1... friend said he looked like he was in a pod race. it stuck.

Indiana got his name because on the first day I brought him home, he managed to climb all the way up the staircase, jump off the top of the linen closet at the top of the stairs, and land in the living room rafters, 20 feet off the ground! my friend had to go next door and borrow a ladder, picked up the cat by the scruff and said "come on, Indiana Cat" and it stuck.

The rats are named Pip and Squeak, just cause it worked, and the fish don't have names.

My friend likes to name his pets the name of the kind of animal (or variation thereof) in a foreign language. The german shepherd is Lobo, and the cat is Gato. The goldfish is Langouste (which actually means lobster, but close enough). You get the idea...

These are how people mimic the sound of a dog, ie "bow wow" in other languages:

Afrikaans: woef
Bengali: ghaue-ghaue
Chinese (Mandarin): wang wang
Croatian: vau-vau
Danish: vov
English (Old English): Hund byrcð.
Esperanto: boj
Finnish: hau hau /vuh vuh
French: ouah ouah
German: wau wau, wuff wuff
Greek: gav
Hindi: bho:-bho:
Icelandic: voff
Indonesian: gonggong
Italian: bau bau
Japanese: kyankyan
Russian: gav-gav
Spanish (Spain, Argentina): guau guau

might give ya some ideas... dunno.

what kind of dog is it? knowing that would help.