WrongWay

I got to see boobies today!!!

Okay okay. I got your point. I don't think that a baby should have to wait to be fed. So, if the baby gets hungry then the mother has every right to breast feed her baby. I just think that it would be better if it was covered up with a blanket or something. Who knows? I'll probably do it anytime and anyplace when I become a mother.

I will agree with this.

In our society, we should be respectful for those around us. We use silverware when we eat, chew with our mouths closed (most of us, anyways ;) ), we hopefully don't burp too loudly and without saying excuse me...
but we DO eat in front of each other. I agree with you that nursing a baby is no different than eating lunch. You should show respect to those around you by making it as least offensive as you can. With nursing that means making sure you are exposing as little as you have to. (honestly, I've never seen a nursing mom in public expose *anything* other than a quick flash latching baby on...so my issue with a woman lifting her entire shirt up isn't that she's nursing a baby, it's that she seems to lack common sense and manners.)

that, to me, is like vulgar language in public. You have the right to do it...but don't be surprised if you are making those around you uncomfortable.

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

ok im surprised Ivan didnt say this first....but you didnt take a pic and post em!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaGimp has a point here. If there are no pics or video, it never happened. If this is the case, someone better feed that baby, because it's hungry.

I'm sorry but I just can't help but think about the scene in a Jim Carey film (cop with a split personality) where he sees a woman breast feeding and next thing you know he is under her stealing Jr's milk. :D

I am also amazed at how most people have no problem with mother breast feeding in public and take no offense to seeing a breast out in the open but have a problem with a set of breast being shown on the TV or getting sun on the beach. Is it no longer a breast when there is a child and milk involved or is it a double standard?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well, kinda. Okay, so I'm sitting here at my desk, post whoring away, when a dude that graduated with me and his wife walk in, apparently applying for a loan. (I work at a bank for those of you who don't know). They sit down at the desk across from me, and what is there but a nice firm breast in my field of vision. At this point I'm thinking, "Hang on, I'm in a bank, WTF?!?!". She turns a bit, and I see the other one. That's right kids, she was breast feeding in the middle of the bank, with her shirt around her neck, sitting there like nothing was going on. How ^%@$% weird was that??????? :S

But hey, it gives ya something to joke about at work!! B|

You should have ran over there, ripped the kid away from the mom and screamed ME FIRST, WAIT YOUR TURN!!!!!

One of my best friends used to just whip those big tits out with no warning when it was time to feed her baby! Believe it or not, I got used to it!:P

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

A hungry baby needs to be fed. I agree that some discretion should be shown if you are in public. I must say I have never seen a nursing mother totally exposed as mentioned. They've usually draped a blanket across themselves.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

They're just breasts,.. what's the big deal? Baby is hungry, mother is lactating... and, there ya go. I don't think she should've had her entire shirt up, but I don't see a problem with a mother nursing her child in public. I also don't think anyone should flip out about only showing the inch or two needed, if a little more shows, big flipping deal! An entire shirt up in a bank is obviously another story.

Angela.

If you go applying for a loan, you don't eat lunch while doing it!
I say she should have dropped the baby, and just showed the boobies. She would probably have gotten an even lower interess rate:P:P:P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

With nursing that means making sure you are exposing as little as you have to. (honestly, I've never seen a nursing mom in public expose *anything* other than a quick flash latching baby on...so my issue with a woman lifting her entire shirt up isn't that she's nursing a baby, it's that she seems to lack common sense and manners.)

Well said. About 18 years ago, my son was born on a Wednesday evening. That following Friday I was sitting in my JM's certification class. I took Luke with me, and when he fused, I feed him. I was very discreet and don't think many of the guys even got a glimpse of my nipple. They sure where uncomfortable though when they knew I had to do some feeding.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

They're just breasts,.. what's the big deal? Baby is hungry, mother is lactating... and, there ya go. I don't think she should've had her entire shirt up, but I don't see a problem with a mother nursing her child in public. I also don't think anyone should flip out about only showing the inch or two needed, if a little more shows, big flipping deal! An entire shirt up in a bank is obviously another story.

Angela.

That reminds me a hilarious episode of "Married...with children" when a bunch of moms are breast feeding at Al's shoe store. :D:D:D:D:D

I do not think that breast feeding in public is problematic as long as a woman is being discreet and covering up her breasts. I witnessed a pretty, young woman (single mom), who began flirting with my brother at a restaurant, pull out her breasts for her daughter and begin feeding her one year old without covering up anything, smack in the middle of a conversation with my brother. This was just after dinner. My brother is a very classy guy, and I could tell that he was a little grossed out by this.

Later, my brother and I commented on how strange that was as she brought up the breast feeding idea to her daughter, not the other way around. Also, her daughter seemed to be eating and drinking adult food just fine. It was just weird.

No, breast feeding while completely exposing yourself completely is not the same as feeding your child from a bottle, unless you are feeding the child while topless. If I had a child, I doubt that I would be viewed as any less sexual as a woman and exposing my lactating breasts in public, which would probably be Pamela Anderson sized, would be completely inappropriate. Excessively exposed breasts is the only problem that men/women have with breastfeeding as it is otherwise a truly beautiful act. :)
Edited to add: In Europe, exposed breasts is completely not an issue, so I am sure that covering up while breast feeding is not considered inappropriate there. I have seen topless beaches firsthand, and it is pretty cool to actually see "real breasts" on a beach. LOL!

I am also amazed at how most people have no problem with mother breast feeding in public and take no offense to seeing a breast out in the open but have a problem with a set of breast being shown on the TV or getting sun on the beach. Is it no longer a breast when there is a child and milk involved or is it a double standard?

Hey...I agree with you!! I have absolutely no problem with breasts on television. In fact, I have to laugh because if you watch medical shows, they can show major surgeries in detail, can show a cesarean in detail (major abdominal surgery), they can show any number of oh-my-gosh graphic things...
but when the baby is being born..they can NOT show pubic hair...and can not show nipple. You can show any other part of the breast...except nipple. And God forbid you get any pubic hair in the picture...the horror!!
*laugh*

I agree with you...what's the big deal?

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

I can honestly tell you that once a woman starts breastfeeding her baby, her breasts are no longer sexual objects to her, they are just nourishment for her baby. That woman had probably whipped her breasts out so many times that she didn't even think twice about it being unusual, especially if she was more focused on what she was doing at the bank and knowing her baby was hungry. Yeah, she should have covered herself, but there are definitely worse things she could have done.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That happened to me last year. I was interpreting parent/teacher conferences (Russian speaking mom) and the baby was acting up. So, mom starts breast feeding right there while the teacher is discussing the 2nd grader's work in class. Afterwards, mom just walks out like nothing had happened and the teacher and I just looked at one another. It was by far the weirdest interpreting I had ever done.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

I think there is a time and place for stuff like that. Being in a bank getting a loan is hardly the time or place. That lady should have covered that ish up until she got back to the car.

So we let the new born baby go hungry all because of someones stuffed up idea of morality??

I wouldn't
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I nursed all three of my children. If they were hungry I would nurse them wherever I may be. I was discreet as I could be with a blanket draping me but people still had a problem with it. I was at a restaurant once when a lady approached me and told me that it would be more appropriate to feed my baby in the restroom. I asked her how she would feel about eating her dinner in the restroom. I think I made my point.

I dont know. yes it's natrual and we've done it since the begining of time...but the western world has progressed, and some things stay out of the headlights...
I'm not going to get gross here, but there are lots of things that are natural and that we all do...and has been donce since the start of time that we don't want to see in public (enter the restroom).
i think it can be done well in such a way that isn't bothersome. Having both brests exposed with your shirt aroudn your neck might not be as "proper" as being somewhat covered with a blanket or other shirt.

z

I'm not going to get gross here, but there are lots of things that are natural and that we all do...and has been donce since the start of time that we don't want to see in public (enter the restroom).

Actually...the reason we have restrooms isn't because we don't want to see it in public (or else mens rooms would have private stalls as well). The reason we have restrooms is for sanitary reasons. Sewage running down the streets is asking for diseases and infections and such.

Feeding a baby is hardly comperable to going to the bathroom. Feeding a baby would be more likely compared to....to you eating a hamburger. I may think you're gross the way you personally eat your hamburger...but there's nothing immoral or unsanitary about you eating your hambuger next to me.

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

<>
I didn't say it was the reason we have it. The fact is that we have a sewage system for sanitary reasons, but western culture moves the restroom to a closed off area for social reasons. Why don't u see a crapper in the middle of a meeting room or out in the open? not only are they in sepearate rooms, but are sectioned off so that when more than one person is in there, it is still a priavate matter.
It doesn't bother me if a mother tactfully feeds her baby in public. More and more you see people who seem to do it for the attention and shock factor. Changing a baby is a natural and needed thing, but I don't want to see you do it while I eat, nor do I want to see you rip your top off and feed your baby (both brests exposed with your shirt around your neck as this thread started). Like i said, it can be done in a way that's coverd up or at least discreat.

Z

clicky

Another option is to wean only partially, gradually eliminating most nursing sessions but continuing to nurse once or twice a day as long as baby shows any interest... Some children will continue to nurse until four or five years of age if this method is chosen.

I always thought it was a drag when my mom made my lunch for school... that must really draw some attention... ;)

Changing a baby is a natural and needed thing, but I don't want to see you do it while I eat, nor do I want to see you rip your top off and feed your baby (both brests exposed with your shirt around your neck as this thread started). Z

I want to see you rip your shirt off with both breasts exposed.

i think what this really boils down to is jealousy, because the kid can get away with it.
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.