SadSue

Texas,,,,maybe dragged into the 21st century?

So let's talk politics...

the last time Texas "dragged" anything it was a black man chained to a car and driven until his body parts fell off...now they have a governor's race (no pun intended!) between a woman and an Indian immigrant.....shocking!! Do you think that MAYBE Texas is shedding its knee-jerk "how dare you criticize us for lynching our own" attitude and is dragging itself into the (shocking!!!) 21st century, where everyone has a free hand and a fair shake?

Hope you don't get Banned!

I was in Austin in 2001. The supposedly most liberal city in Texas and yet...900 numbers were illegal!

What? 900 numbers aren't illegal in Austin. I know because I've dialed a few of them. :P You can have them blocked from your line though... The only thing backwards about Texas is that you can't buy liquor 24/7 in any grocery store like you can in CA. :)

The only thing backwards about Texas is that you can't buy liquor 24/7 in any grocery store like you can in CA

Yup, that bugs me too...you really have to plan if you're going to drink that night, get there before 9pm (that's when they close). Or go out to a bar (till 2am in B/CS).

edit: Oh, we've had a women governer before, and we've had all sorts of minority groups have canidates run before, so this really isn't anything new. I just think you don't actually know a damn thing about Texas. Just because you were here, in 1 city doesn't mean that you know anything about it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I just think you don't actually know a damn thing about Texas. Just because you were here, in 1 city doesn't mean that you know anything about it.

Ya know I don't agree with an aggie very often. But this time the guy is showing some wisdom. ^5 AggieDave ;)

Please try to stick to your own states politics. Texas is just to complicated for you... :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

"Texas" didn't drag anybody to death. A couple of losers did, and they paid dearly. In your state, the criminals are always "victims", and the state is held hostage by liberal interest groups, not to mention the $18 billion deficit. Maybe that's why so many left coasters are moving to Austin. Who's backwards?

The only thing backwards about Texas is that you can't buy liquor 24/7 in any grocery store like you can in CA. :)

You can't buy alcohol 24/7 in CA. Liquor sales are not allowed between 2 am and 6 am at bars, restaurants, and retail stores... to prevent people from leaving the bar at 2 am, walking into a grocery and getting more booze, and continuing to drink.

Yep Sad Sue, Texas has had a woman governer and Dallas, where I live has had a black man and two women mayors in the last 10 years. Don't think we've ever had a washed up bad actor as governer(two in CA) not to mention a wannabe Nazi that hasn't learned to speak proper English in 40 years.

Let's see, The Manson Family, Hillside Strangler, Symbanese Liberation Army, McDonald's Massacre, etc. Christ, you must be proud.:$:$
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

:oOh boy! Here we go! And so early in the morning!:o

Hey Pat, go outside.

Look up.

Come back in.

What is that shit?

I think I need to move south, or get driving again. I stay home for a weekend so I can jump local again, and am greeted with 2000 foot ceilings.

Grrrrr
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Oh man! I don't think SadSue knew what she was getting into with her comments.

She should know better, having lived here in 2001. That we Texans take any negative comments about Texas personaly.... :o

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Texas...Lousiana, whatever...same thing...so I gave too much credit to Texas, that's OK, put the sheets back on now.

Deficit whatever, minor league per capita deficit compared to the US deficit....and we are still the number one economic power in the US, 5th largest economic power in the world, can't say that about Tex-iana, now can you?

Lots of ethnic minorites down there huh, apart from white/black/mexican and a few other large communities in Houston it's not exactly brimming with 64 languages spoken like Cali now is it.....as for the tech people flocking to Austin, there are more people coming into the Cali than leaving it, make no mistake... the internet revolution started HERE, then when things got expensive you just picked up the sloppy seconds from the people who couldn;t hang. And they are moving to Austin not becuase of liberal interests, but because of the influence of orange SoCal conservatives who are polluting our state with their Republican values...

we didn't get to be the #1 economic and social power and the most diverse state by all swearing on bibles, going to church every Sunday, saying grace at the table and pretending that the Alamo was something to be proud of.

As for those executions down there boys, keep em comin'....after all, civilized society demands you keep the crematorium fires stoked, no matter how racist or unfair the system is! Right boys? Or should I say, right, GOOD OL' BOYS? After all, if your state is so cool and those conservative values work so well then why the do you have so many criminals?

Long live the state of Tex-iana! Let me be the first to carry the flag!

Did I forget anything???? :D

Hope you don't get Banned!

we didn't get to be the #1 economic and social power and the most diverse state by all swearing on bibles, going to church every Sunday, saying grace at the table and pretending that the Alamo was something to be proud of.

You really must hate here and yet you have only been once, chill out and find something else to write about. I bet with your mindset you think ALL Texans wear big hats, wranglers, cowboy boots, big belt buckles and dip. :|

P.S no harm meant to those that do though:P