skycat

Snowboarding!!!

Hook and I played hooky today and went snowboarding. The resort had over 10 inches of snow overnight and it was definately a powder morning. Of course by afternoon it was a bumpy ride. :S

I need to get Derek a digital camera so there can be instant pics of me.:P

btw...in the last pic Derek is actually pulling me down the mountain by my snowboard.
Fly it like you stole it!

Lets see.....Atlantis Backman 154, and two Forum Devun Walsh's 157. One was given to me. I went semi pro basically competed all over New England got a bunhc of free stuff. It was fun. I miss it....I havent seen snow fall in 2 years.:(

My words of wisdom to anyone..."free your mind and your ass will follow."

helps in snowboarding when doing spins....if your inverted and spinning and cant see the ground, dont worry its still there.:)
joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Bolle board? Nice choice! I think its time for me to get the K2 that I've been looking at for a while...

That or I might get skis again :o

No it's a K2 Kandi 142, but it has a lot of stickers on it. B| And I have no ass which is why I have to ride a small board. :P

helps in snowboarding when doing spins....if your inverted and spinning and cant see the ground, dont worry its still there.

BWAHAHAHA...that reminds me of gymnastics. "Don't worry if you can't see the floor, it's actually probably better that way"

I don't do that it looks to dangerous.
I'll stick to safe sports like jumping out of planes.

Given the number of people Ski Patrol are taking down the slopes everyday and the number of times other boarder/skiers have hit either Kelli or I (from behind, we had the right of way), I agree, skydiving is safer than skiing or snowboarding.

Derek

So no point in teaching my girls to ski, huh? Snowboarding is the future?

Well, all the cool chicks are doing it. ;)

Truthfully, if it is something they are going to do once a year they will probably have more fun skiing. Snowboarding takes a bit more to learn, but it's easier to get good at. While skiing is pretty easy to start, but harder to get good at.

you guys suck!!!! i want to go riding.. went on vetrans day and only got up about 5 times before the lifts closed... so what you guys doing over thanksgiving???? i should be up that way......

Snowboarding has completly taken over here in Manitoba. Last year we went out to the local hills and there were almost no skiers at all. Note that I must have gone boarding close to 30 times last season. I have been told that skiing out west on the mountains, is still quite popular. I'll see for myself after this spring.

As for cool chicks boarding, I would have to agree.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte