ltdiver

Perris DC9 a reality! :^)

I'm a bit skeered of earthquakes, I've only ever been in one, in Bradford PA of all places, I think it was something like a 4.something on the Richter scale. I wonder how the pay for nurses is out there?
Right know, thinking about the frost and snow building up on my car, finishing my AFF at Perris sounds way too tempting.:P

Pay is very good for nurses out here in CA right now. It'd be worth it to travel out here for just the wintertime as least! There are hospitals around who use a large segment of their work force from registry. You could hook up quite easily if you are California licensed and qualified!

Come on down!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

cool... can't wait to jump it when it is ready..... as fr those pics.. well, i just got of work and the last thing i happened to look at was the engine we just pulled out of a jet and so i have to say thankyou for reminding me of work when i am trying to forget about it for 12 hours....

I would guess this will probably be on the boogie circuit most of the time, especially in the summer. I would also venture to say Don Kirlin is already drooling with the thought of a jet that would be available for him to get back to the WFFC again. It would be the only way to keep enough money flowing to keep it in the air. If not I hope the jumpers at Perris have deep pockets and don't go broke. I hope the people at the Ricmond Boogie read this, and get the idea to bring it in for the boogie there.
Blues!
D

All I can say is. . .WOW. . .2004 could turn out to be one AWESOME year. . .a license to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, skills camps galore, a DC-9 at Perris and a damn tunnel. So. Cal. could not get any better. . .

So what will YOU be doing for the new year. . .I think I have decided on MY resolutions. . .hehehe!

FGF #6
Darcy

The pay for nurses out here is EXCELLENT. . .You can also get some EXCELLENT sign on bonuses. . .There are great hospitals here in San Diego and some pretty nice housing. . .the best part is you have 3 dropzones all within an hour drive. . .Skydive San Diego, Elsinore and Perris. . .and some of the best beaches in So. Cal are right here also. . .

Okay, so I like San Diego. . .what can I say!
FGF #6
Darcy

The airframe should be at Perris before the end of the year, but it will take however long it takes for the interior to be retrofitted, the engines installed and the FAA to buy off on the whole thing.

The plane is parked at the airport at Victorville, old Edwards AFB, as we speak.

Well, is it at Victorville or Edwards?;)

Victorville is/was the home of George AFB, my first AF assignment back in the day.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

[

Can the Perris runway handle the weight of the DC9? Is the runway long enough for takeoff and landing?

It will be by the time its needed. They're working on it.

ltdiver

Any idea how big they're making the runway? They'll have to widen it and, at the very least, pave the dirt portion to make it all paved and able to handle the weight. 5100' is long enough for a DC9 that will be flying pretty light most of the time(light on fuel, no interior)....but 50' wide is a bit narrow for a DC9. I think they need 75' minimum, maybe more....don't have an AFM in front of me.

Mike

Was it ever known as Southern California International Airport, SCIA?

Yep...up until, I think, about a year ago. It suprised me the first time I headed in there after the name change....brought it up on the flight computer, and it listed it as SoCal Logistics...thought I had put in the wrong identifier, but then I looked at the runway info, realized it was indeed the correct one.

Mike