turtlespeed

That's it! It's finaly over!

I just got back from the Doctor. He gave me a script for Wellbutrin (Zyban) and a script for Nicotrol Inhalers. I am so done with smoking. I have literaly spent Thousands of dollars purchasing cigarettes.

20 years of smoking is long enough!

Last Cigarette - 2:30am 02 Dec 03

Day One: No biggie so far, I usually don't smoke during the day anyway. Doc made me try a nicotrol - those things taste nasty!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Good luck. I found Zyban worked really well, but took a while to kick in. You'll need to stick with it for quite a while, too. It worked really well for me, I've been essentially smoke free for 18 monthes now, and haven't even cheated in almost a year.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I was at my Dad's house this past weekend. He smokes in his house - the whole place smelled terrible!

I can just imagine how I would smell after a night of DZ drinking and smokes.

PLUS . . . oh, that will be my next poll. How many people won't date a person that smokes because the smell is so offensive?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Good luck, man...it'll be 4 years in January, and I make myself sick all the time thinking about all the cash I missed and the damage I did to myself.
I used the Nicoderm patches, my wife used the patches and Zyban, but ended up with hives from the Zyban. The other thing that helped me immensely was doing it in a HMO-sponsored smoking cessation class...I still think it wasn't so much the patches, but the competition that got me through it.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

15 years smoking here.
quit now for over 3 years

Hardest times: 3rd day, 3rd month, 3rd year

At first you won't shun smokers, after all, you were 'one of them'

After a year of non-smoking your attitude of smokers will be worse that those that never smoked. The smell is absolutely terrible, almost sickening. Had this hot chick sit next to me in one of my classes. She came in first day and sat down next to me. She just got done smoking. I just politely wrinkled my nose and bumped down a couple seats, there is no way i could survive a class sitting next to the smell!!!

Great! Stick with it man.. here's an incentive.. think of the money that you will have for jumping now! ;):)
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Last Cigarette - 2:30am 02 Dec 03

Day One: No biggie so far, I usually don't smoke during the day anyway. Doc made me try a nicotrol - those things taste nasty!

Congrats Clint!

And good luck sticking with it. True the worst are the threes (3rd day, 3rd month, 3rd year) Stay the path and see how much better you feel in a coupla weeks :)
What say-you all? Three cheers for him?

HIM!

HIM!

:P

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Good choice, turtle! I quit 2 years ago. I almost screwed up and started again here last week, but NO! Stress can be handled in other ways! Nothin' a rum and Coke can't fix...

Now I'm a non-smoker, but I'm an alcoholic :D:D. Just kiddin'...but it was rough for me the first 2 weeks. Hope your quitting is easier! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

If you're still smoke-free at Eloy, I'll give you a kiss. ;)

For some reason, my lips are very happy. . . They just curled all up, and won't straiten out. . .:P

Good Luck, I quit 33 days ago. NO nicotrol, NO zyban, no patches. I have made Wrigleys Stock go up though. If you really want to quit you can make it happen. Its not easy, I smoked for 16 years.

Good Luck

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Sadly I am over half way there though . . .
34 actually.

I started off and on when I was 11 or so. So officially 23 years. But I figure that since I was in school at the time and couldn't smoke unless I was hiding - it didn't count.

figured it out though - I smoked about 9125 packs of cigs(prolly more), x20 = 182500 individual cigarettes, and spent approximately $25000.00 US (again - Prolly more)on these nasty things.