SimonFreeFly

You have two life’s. If you lose one during a skydiving fatality, which result on your own mistakes, would you continue to skydive?

One time I was standing with my friends in a grass parking lot. One friend is in the air. His g/f and her daughter are next to us. Next to the parking lot is a tree line.

He does a nice 270 hook to build up speed, the air dies behind the trees and he hammers into the grass hard enough to leave a dent with his head. Broke lots of stuff. A doctor was jumping that day and revived him when he died twice.

He still jumps, but doesn't hook anymore.

You only live once so make the most of it. I would hate to end up sat in my retirement home wishing that when I was younger I had done more stuff. Do it now.

So many people miss this point in life.

There was an interview made with over 1,000 old people living in rest homes. They were asked if they had their life to live over again, what would they do differently.

Consistently the same 3 answers kept coming back.

They would:

1) Risk more
2) Dream more
and
3) Reflect.

You could risk more without being a dreamer, but that is just being hard up for thrills.

You could dream without risking, but then you are dead.

And if you don't risk or dream....you have -nothing- to reflect about!

So, the 3 really -do- go together.

Dream, Risk, Reflect.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

You know my mom had a great thing on the fridge about dreamers. I do not remember how it went but she put it up there to keep my hopes up because I have always had a dream. The basic jist is that without dreamers none of the great things we enjoy today would exist like planes, skydiving, cars, etc.

Gotta love dreamers. Of course a dream only comes true with action. ;)

Why not? I risk this one knowing I only have one life. So, if I were on my last of two lives, I doubt i'd decide to lock myself in a hole and live it until I die of old age.

i agree 300%, if you messed up you have another shot at doing it right, just don't foreget what caused you to lose one of the two lives you have
cheers

--------------------------------------------------
who Jah bless Let no man curse.

Why wouldn't I? I have one life now and continue to skydive, of course after I lose this one I'll probably stop. :P

-
Jim

That's what I was thinking... although perhaps the trauma of having died would put you off?

I'm pretty sure I'd continue.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

The reason for this question is, should somebody who only survived a jump because he had luck or he had an AAD, should continue to jump?

My friend once told me that if you are scuba diving and you run out of air, you should put your gear into the closet until you figure out why you you messed up.

If your AAD fires, you have run out of air also. You just can't go back up and get more.

I have done stupid crap due to complacency. I put my rig in the closet until I figured out why. I also put personal checklists into place to prevent myself from repeating. Also, I try to prevent others from doing avoidable stuff.

That's an excellent analogy.

I'd shelf the gear too if I ran out of air... but I'm a certified scuba diver who is admitedly terrified of Scuba diving... petrified by the power of water (NO, not like wood :D)

If I had an AAD fire, I think I'd be cussing myself quite a bit! But I'd also be cussing that I had to wait until my reserve got repacked before I could jump again ;)

No AAD fire yet... but I've got "LOW PULL!!!" writen in my log book... early, near the begining. lol. I assume everyone's got something similar in their book?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!