Daizey

baked ziti

Please tell me you know what baked ziti is....or even what ziti is...ya know that macaroni pasta stuff...the two people i am talking to right now (both of whom are dz.commers) have no clue what it is and i am beginning to think I am going insane...

Other people have heard of it right??????

*daizey*

Ya i'm one of the people that doesn't know what the hell your talking about. :D:D

Kristi? how many fingers am i holding up?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Teenage boy from the Sopranos show on HBO> "Hey Ma, where's the fuckin' Ziti?"
That line just cracked me up.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

lol, I must be getting tired.

I just had a mental immage of a cartoon flower, purple, and a big smile tooling around in the kitchen.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Baked ziti is lasagna,,, but with ziti pasta, ( a tube shaped macaroni), instead of the larger lasagna pasta..
:o:DB|;)
Mixed with sauce, a few types of cheese, (ricotta, parmigianno reggiano, mozzarella) some meatballs or sausage,, a little love,,, and then baked til it all bonds together,,,,... First you cook it,,, and then you eat it..:P :) yum....
makes me wish you could e mail some of it to me....
signed,,, that little Italian Boy,, with the curly hair,,, and the Big.....smile.:ph34r: :)

mmmm ziti...however my fav itl. dish is tirimisu (sp?) and then when I lived in Germany there was this family owned and runned itl. place that had this dish call penne al forno (that is spelled right) it was so yummy, it had penne noodles, peas, some hams and sausages and some cream sauce and baked with mozzerella cheese on top and oh man was it ever good....but nothing beats shrooms....badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, mushroom....

From http://recipes.chef2chef.net/recipe-archive/4/A04711.shtml

Ziti Baked My Way

Ingredients

(12 servings)

----INGREDIENTS-----
1 lb Ziti or Mostaccioli Pasta;, cooked and drained
3 lb Ricotta (low-fat)
1 1/3 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 (32 oz) Jars Spaghetti Sauce ----OR-----
2 qt Italian Homemade Sauce

Instructions

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE TO MAKE AND DO THE NIGHT BEFORE
Cook the ziti or mostaccioli pasta until al dente. Drain.
In a large roasting dish, spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Soften the ricotta cheese in Microwave by cooking on LOW (30%) for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
Layer with half each of ziti, ricotta cheese, sauce, and half of remaining Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Bake in a preheated 350F. degree oven for approximately 1 hour. Let stand for 1/2 hour before serving. NOTE: If making the night before, cover with plastic wrap.
DO NOT COVER WITH FOIL if dish is to be stored as the tomato mixture reacts against the foil.
NOTE: Remove plastic wrap and cover with foil before baking.

I have not tried this particular recipie myself, I just site it as evidence that Daizey is not insane. I've had other varieties of ziti though and it is GREAT! :)

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Ziti is yummy stuff!!!!!!

Speaking of baked stuff, later today the smell of freshly baked bread will be unbearable! I'm making Greek Holiday Bread (just a sweet white bread) and there will be about 10 loaves done later! Yes, it's a large recipe!!:S

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Baked ziti is lasagna,,, but with ziti pasta,

AYEEEE AYEEEE AYEEEEEEE!!! how could ANYONE say baked ziti is lasagna with ziti noodles??!! You've obviously have never had my lasagna OR baked Ziti :)

YUM YUM... I'm getting a hankerin for it now
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I loveeeee Baked Ziti!!!! I have to tell you though... I didn't know what it was until I moved to NY for a year. You don't see it too much down in Texas. And actually after having italian in NY I virtually refuse to eat it here in TX unless I make it myself... or my friends beg me to join them at a restaurant. B|