cvfd1399

Ever been sprayed with mace?

For the sake of it all let's just call it mace, but I an referring to OC,CS types(freeze plus P). I was sprayed with a 2 second blast between my eyes sunday for police training. If you ever get the pleasure to try this run the hell away! I could not open my eyes for a hour. 3 hours later I was going to take a bath HAHA it came back again as soon as the water hit me. That is the most intense pain I have ever felt. Anyone else ever had the chance to experience it?

Yup I got nail with Pep.

I was working as a Bouncer at a club. Two guys started to go at it. By the time police got there it was a free for all. One of the guys after it was broken up was trying to fight the cops. I was behind him. I went to put him on the floor from a nod of one of the cops. The other did not know I was moving in. Started to spray at the same time I moved his face downward twords the floor. I got full stream in the face. Could not have been more then a sec or two. BUT DAMN!!!! Falt like he strayed it for an hour.

Do you want to see a grown man cry? Put a drop of mace in his eye!
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

Been there,done that, got the T shirt with hood;) I got hit with the 5% OC spay not the 2% that most people carry. I am assuming you got the 5% if it was LEO training? Also got hit with the M26 Taser. Man what fun that is;) I think all LEOs should have one of these available to them. I think shootings, ASP and OC incidents would be drastically reduced as would fatalities. The M26 will make you a believer and you will do anything you're told, once you can move again that is.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was sprayed with a 2 second blast between my eyes sunday for police training.

did you loose a bet? this just doesn't sound like a good idea

Pepper spray hurts the first time, but it's really not that bad. You want to make a man cry hit him with tear gas or mace.

[pepper spray just clears my sinusses now]

Yes, water is not your friend in this case. Just like food you can't handle, water just makes it worse.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

did you loose a bet? this just doesn't sound like a good idea

It's the same idea as drown-proofing water born operators.

There is a possibility a cop will get sprayed while patroling, whether by his own can from a fighter, or another officers in a struggle.

The idea is you know what it does, so you respect it and can expect what happens if it hits you again.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Pepper spray hurts the first time, but it's really not that bad. You want to make a man cry hit him with tear gas or mace.

I am guessing you have never been hit good with OC then. The only people I have seen not respond to OC are those on PCP. Tear gas and mace you can fight through, OC physically hurts/burns no matter how many exposures you have to it. Cross contamination is also the downside to any of those substances after their use.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

"I was sprayed with a 2 second blast between my eyes sunday for police training." "I could not open my eyes for a hour."

And you did not get the proper first aid??? You can go and kick your trainers to their big ass! I just can't believe that it is possible in the country where OC was developed...

cop

P.S. Try sauna two days after exposure ;)

"You can call me Mike"

They CSed us in Basic Training so we'd have respect for our chemical protective gear. Stuck us in a little building so full of the stuff there were clouds. We stood around in our protective gear until it was our turn. One at a time, we'd pull of our mask, take a deep breath and holler out our rank, name, social and which unit we were with. It was so think you'd see clouds of it coming out of people's mouths. Some guys weren't phased a bit; the drill sergeants had them do it again and they weren't bothered at all. Me? I couldn't breathe. Nasty stuff and boy did it burn. The pain would finally go away and then you'd scratch yourself through your BDUs and rub your eyes and... Whoop, there it is!

:S

Blue skies and happy landings!

yeah i got sprayed once on a call, (i'm a firefighter) LOOOOOOONG story, we got called cuz of a fire, a fight broke out, i was helping hold one of the guys down, the cops sprayed the other guy, who ran at me, and the cops sprayed me by accident. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! boy did that hurt like a bitch. I remember trying to drive home after that, i could barely keep my eyes open, it hurt so bad. :SB|

There is a possibility a cop will get sprayed while patroling, whether by his own can from a fighter, or another officers in a struggle.

The idea is you know what it does, so you respect it and can expect what happens if it hits you again.

ok I figured as much or the idea that the rookie gets stuck being the Ginny pig, but along those same lines they don't shoot you so that you might know what its like . . . .

I will never do it again without much money being placed in my hand. It was mandatory this time. It is classified as a deadly force assault if someone takes your mace from you or approaches you with theirs aimed at you. The spray has a (spelling) schofield heat unit of 2 million. One million is classified as incapacitating you. I would love to try a tazer!

I am guessing you have never been hit good with OC then. The only people I have seen not respond to OC are those on PCP. Tear gas and mace you can fight through, OC physically hurts/burns no matter how many exposures you have to it. Cross contamination is also the downside to any of those substances after their use.

Oh, it hurt like hell, don't get me wrong. My face broke into the worst rash I've had since poison oak. My throat hurt to swallow for days. etc etc etc.

But last time I got hit with pepper I kept going. I'm sure it was low grade stuff [no brand commercial] but it didn't put me down.
witty subliminal message
1*

I started out with mace and OC came on-line in the early 90's. I had better luck with mace (cs), and preferred it overall. I've used both types over a hundred times. Once somebody made it clear they were not going to comply I'd blind them and give them one more chance. CS is faster for a quick shock/blind, and OC is slower, but is way worse once it sets in, and lasts for the full jail transport.

One thing to remember for new-penny coppers, most of your criminal element is not as sensitive to agents as nice healthy young police candidates are. Do not expect your adversary to go down like you guys did in training.

As a weird example, I pulled over a 65 year old guy in a new corvette for drunk driving. This guy was really fighting his age. Dyed hair and had this shiny jelly all over his face. Turns out he had just had his face laser resurfaced. Anyhow, he won't go with the program and I season him up. He kept fighting all the way into the car, but once he was sitting, that was one miserable human.

OC into open wounds is pretty cruel and unusual.

Someday we'll get that phaser set to stun, and that'll be nice.

Basic training, I was in a room filled with tear gas~that sucked.
Now I volunteer to be the guinea pig for the local P.D.(no disrespect intended, cavy lovers, for I am on of you), my roomie is a cop, so I've been oc'd, hit by the police dog, and next up is getting hit with a Taser.[:/] I must be three different kinds of crazy.
I told the training officer that for the taser, I'm gonna do my best to make it realistic, ie, I'm going to try and get my hands on the cop with the taser, maybe have some NWA playing in the background (F*** da Police)

Was helping a cop friend move and a guy came across some mace, everyones telling him, "go for it dude, it aint that bad". Well, he did, and it was freeking hilarious B|.

To this day, I dont know his real name. Everyone calls him Mace.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I got some sort of Military tear gas once.

We were sitting at an outdoor restaurant at a state fair. My eyes started burning, I thought it was the onions they were cooking. When I looked up Everybody was running panic like.

It got worse in throat, eyes, nose etc. But mostly went away, after an hour or so.

I was outside, 200 yards from were the dumb soldier, that had stolen the canister, set it off. I wouldn't have wanted to be any closer. He was busted, from serial numbers on the canister.

----------------------------
bzzzz

I got some sort of Military tear gas once.

We were sitting at an outdoor restaurant at a state fair. My eyes started burning, I thought it was the onions they were cooking. When I looked up Everybody was running panic like.

It got worse in throat, eyes, nose etc. But mostly went away, after an hour or so.

I was outside, 200 yards from were the dumb soldier, that had stolen the canister, set it off. I wouldn't have wanted to be any closer. He was busted, from serial numbers on the canister.

That was part of our training. They sent you into a room w/ your masks on and made you take them off.

It wasn't so bad. If you don't mind the uncontrollable vomitting, inability to breath, and all the snot pouring out of your nose and mouth. The burning in the eyes was kinda harsh, but you get over it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun