Vallerina

How to get more girls at a dropzone

Does that make you an agist? I thought no meant no and wrong meant wrong. If you substituted races in lieu of ages in that statement, you would be castrated (See, I am not a sexist.).

Well, I guess I am an agist. I feel okay about grinding with guys my own age on a dance floor, but I would be grossed out with someone 25 years older than me trying to do that. Maybe this grossness has stemmed from my looking 18 at the age of 12 or 13 and getting hit on by old, creepy men....

dont think that a gentleman should say something lewd or suggestive to anyone regardless of their relative ages unless they are already close and have some type of understanding betwen them on the matter.

Exactly! A young guy wouldn't get away with grabbing my chest any easier than an older guy doing the same.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

But the fact is, most women would rather not stir up trouble and be labeled the "psycho bitch who can't take a joke."

you hit that one directly-on-the-head kel*

if a girl speaks up and says she is not comfortable with a certain statement/action...then she is automatically labeled as a b*tch.
(it happened to me this past weekend [:/]) unless the guy is rational.... sometimes stating your feelings can give you the bad-rap :S BUT at least it informs individuals of what you like/dislike B|

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Okay, as an older woman I have to throw in my two cents. . .

I was "approached" by a young "skygod". He was not gross and not lewd, but the idea that he thought I would be interested in him was gross. . .(I could have children his age). So although the age thing is "odd", it does have its merits. . .

Like Vallerina, I dish out as lewd as I get and can handle myself in a predominately male sport where egos turn guys into total creeps. I have caused a few guys to turn tail and run when I dished out what they were trying to feed me. However, that does not mean that every girl who is in this sport wants to be doing that. We really are there just to jump. . .if we happen to meet a nice guy and hook up with them, so be it. . .but the primary reason we are there is jumping. . .

Just mind your manners boys. . .there are a couple of girls I know who don't like hanging at the DZ unless they can get a group of girls together before they go - the safety in numbers thing - so if I hear you being lewd and gross, don't be surprised if this "old gal" puts you in check. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

So the solution is that all male skydivers over the age of 20 who are not members of the Chippendales or equivalent should limit contact with female skydivers to eye contact, and then only when strictly necessary. [:/][:/]
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

So the solution is that all male skydivers over the age of 20 who are not members of the Chippendales or equivalent should limit contact with female skydivers to eye contact, and then only when strictly necessary

ROFLMAO. . .Just play nice. . .OKAY!
FGF #6
Darcy

I have the solution to your problem, Val: Men aren't creepy to UGLY chicks! That's right...they usually aren't creepy to matronly, maternal looking women either. So put on some weight, always wear an open-face helmet to help speed the aging process, bring in some home-baked cookies, and in months, you won't have to worry about ANY of that again! :D:D

All right, all right, when I was younger and single things like that worried me too I'll admit...but give me a break...a guy actually grabbing your parts? What kind of a woman would put up with that?! And 'too scared not to say anything'? I sure hope you are all talking about their comments, not actual unwanted physical contact. That just perpetuates the stereotype of women being stupid, easy, twits and promotes rape as acceptable in the long run. >:( Anybody that allows that type of thing isn't doing any of us women any favors!

**This last part wasn't directed at anyone in particular that has posted, so please don't take it that way! I've seen some great posts on this thread from women that would not stand for that kinda crap...on the other hand if you're reading this, male or female, and the shoe fits...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

So the solution is that all male skydivers over the age of 20 who are not members of the Chippendales or equivalent should limit contact with female skydivers to eye contact, and then only when strictly necessary.

Exactly! ;)

Just kidding. It's simple-- both sexes play a role in this, but the simplest solution is, young or old, hot or not, don't make lewd and unnecessary comments to girls. Men started it and women don't seem to have the ability to stop it (whether it's weakness of character, mixed signals, fear of "stirring up trouble" as I put it earler, or men just being pig-headed, who knows?), so men need to take the initiative to stop acting like that. Unless you would like us to institute a "kick-every-guy-who-hits-on-me-in-the-balls" mentality.

Kelly

So the solution is that all male skydivers over the age of 20 who are not members of the Chippendales or equivalent should limit contact with female skydivers to eye contact, and then only when strictly necessary. [:/][:/]

No, like I said, flirting is fun. Most people know what creepy is. Some men do not get this. When women try to clue them in to their creepy behavior, the women are often ignored by the creepy men. Other men can step in and say, "Dude, you're creepy," and that may help but probably not. I just want creepy men to realize that their actions can scare nice women away from the dz.

Creepy:
-Standing behind me and staring at my ass while I'm trying to pack.
-Telling me that it's my duty to flash you since you fueled the plane (yes, he was serious, and yes, he got mad at me for not flashing him)
-Within the first 5 mins of meeting me, talking about positions you'd like to see me in.
-Not looking at my face once during a conversation

Shall I go on?

-Within the first 5 mins of meeting me, talking about positions you'd like to see me in.

you mean like mantis... sit...stand... ;););)

:D I was okay with mantis...but when he started talking about headdown, I almost kicked his ass in! :D

Oh...and, it's not that I'm not "fun." I hate it when you tell somebody that you're uncomfortable with what they said (err...in my case it's more of a "Are you insane????"), and they start accusing you of being boring. I am not boring! I've slapped plenty of asses! :D Slapping asses in a non-sexual way: appropriate. Attempting to grab my chest or crotch or actually really grabbing my ass (not just a quick little tap): inappropriate.

Well if they get naked and rub choc ready whip over their man-berries. Then let the girls take turns licking me (oops). Damn it. I hate dream typing.

Like I said earlier. if you treat them like ladies not sexual playthings (ok not all want that) they will not feel over whelmed. There is a reason they go to the bathroom in pairs. To get away from us and not force they other girl to have to stay.
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

The real solution would be for blokes to treat females on the DZ as they would want others to treat their younger sister...unless of course you are a redneck whose family tree is a straight line

:D :D :D that is FUNNY!!!

but seriously adam, your solution is sweeter than sweet... you shall definitely have a Positive effect on girls* :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

I've watched women after their first jump, be it tandem or IAD, thrilled and excited and bubbling. They hang out for awhile, waiting to be debriefed and get their certificate and basically just enjoying the atmosphere. And then an inappropriate comment is made and heard, and the light dies out of her eyes. Oh, this is that kinda place.

What a way to have such an amasing moment destroyed. Whether she had any intention of coming out again or not, what a disappointment. And it only takes the one rotten apple. For that matter, I've heard men who normally aren't pigs say things simply because they don't stop and think about who's around and the consequences. Sorry people, no excuses. THINK! First impressions count.

Now, I have thick skin developed from years of pursuing male dominated sports. I make it pretty clear to guys that I won't tolerate sexist BS that goes too far. BUT if I showed up at a place for the first time and saw that attitude, I wouldn't be inclined to go back.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I am not boring! I've slapped plenty of asses!

Truth. I am an eyewitness to, an agitator of, and an unwitting victim of Val on an ass slapping mission.

:D

Maybe we need some of the women to stop being so creepy ;)

You can't stop me. You can only hope to slow me down! :ph34r: