jeremyneas

When do the X-mas lights go down?

For your tree, Jeremy, never. Your tree is so beautiful. It brought on the most tears of nostalgia by far in the "post your tree pics" thread.

I know it's nice to get the space in the living room back, but taking the tree down is so anti-climactic. Of course, I don't have that problem this year...

Fall in dove.

OK, for once I will give a serious answer.:P

If your tree makes it, they usually should get taken down after Jan. 6th, which is considered the actual end of the Christmas season. Disclaimer: If your tree is already brown, best to take it down now.

OK, for once I will give a serious answer.:P

If your tree makes it, they usually should get taken down after Jan. 6th, which is considered the actual end of the Christmas season. Disclaimer: If your tree is already brown, best to take it down now.

This is the correct answer. Jan 6 is Twelfth Night (as in Shakespeare), the last day of Christmas.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

the tree came down on saturday, the lights on the house wait for a decent day with no snow onthe roof. i don't have a ladder so i tempt fate by wandering around the roof in my socks, trying to keep a sharp eye out for balck ice on the shingles! :S:D
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Puerto Rico is known for its very long Christmas season celebration (las Navidades más largas del mundo.) It starts the day after Thanksgiving and ends eight weeks after January 6th (Three King's Day or the Epiphany of the Lord.) We call them las octavitas. During that eight week period we have the Fiestas de San Sebastián and then, Carnaval Season, putting an end to the Christmas festivities. ;)

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10