Unstable

Just out of Curiosity - King Air Question

Isn't Mullins Pulling something like 2,000 Feet Per minute. I understood that to make Mullins King Air Faster, The entire Airframe would have to be reengineered well pasted what Beech/Raytheon would allow. I wonder how this King Air Manages to pull this Climbrate???
=========Shaun ==========

I like the seats but do you really think you'd have time for dinner? Let me know when you buy it; I'll come find you to jump it!

Hmm, I had to twist my Bankers arm for a New Gear Loan - I wonder if he would go for this?

But Seriously Folks, Didn't they have to modify the airframe for these kind of powerplants? How the hell did it get to 4,000 FTM?
=========Shaun ==========

Funny how the place selling it advertises 4,000fpm climb rate, but the company that does those mods advertises 2500fpm. Their performance charts show a 7 minute climb from SL to 15,000ft. About 6 minutes to 13,000. Fast? Definitely...but not 4,000fpm. You will probably get 4,000fpm when the airplane is empty, with light fuel...but not with a full load.

KiloAlpha

National Flight - Lakeland based company that did the mod

Mike

http://www.nationalflight.com/kiloalpha.htm I hope that comes out clicky.
This is the website for the upgrade - it reads 2,500 FPM climb rate from in-flight testing. The 4000 FPM is probably a theoretical thing, you know with zero weight and perfect conditions. Or maybe they just lied. Any plane can climb that fast if you lie:ph34r:
That's just my $0.02.
I don't know much about planes, but I read very well.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Sat in the front of Mikes King Air last Saturday and looked "down" at Shannon (AKA Girlfalldown) who was sitting by the door. I can say first hand that Mikes plane kicks ass.

Of course it could have been Shannon the whole time with her magical ability to levitate the plane by raising her hands and yelling "Rise".:P:D

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy