Unstable

Just out of Curiosity - King Air Question

Not only does Mike's King Air kick ass but Mike is a kick ass pilot too. I love how he stands everyone up so conveniently.

I never could figure out if that was for convenience or for the entertainment of the passengers? :D

BOTH! just sing/hum/whatever the Rodriguez bothers song and see what you get then! Specially if he's in a good mood! :oB|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Ok to add to the confusion...

A standard B-90 KA has a max gross take off weight of 9300 lbs (Mullins KA is a modified B-90). A C-90 KA has a max gross TO weight of 9650. The chart on the KiloAlpha290 says it will get to 15,000 in 7min at ISA +10C and at 9650lbs. Which is approx 2200fpm. Also that is for a cruise climb at 120kts IAS. SO if you are not trying to get any distance you can increase climb rate. I had the opportunity to fly one of these KiloAlpha290 conversions and I took off at approx 8250 lbs. It was only myself and another pilot and for kicks and grins we easily got 3700 fpm and still had some decent forward speed. It was also a warm day, 80F. So I think that 4000fmp is possible. With a full load of jumpers, getting to 15000 in less than 7 min isn't all that bad. Also Mullins has 750SHP engines in his plane, the KA290 has 1000SHP

Isn't Mullins Pulling something like 2,000 Feet Per minute. I understood that to make Mullins King Air Faster, The entire Airframe would have to be reengineered well pasted what Beech/Raytheon would allow. I wonder how this King Air Manages to pull this Climbrate

Yes Mullins KA would have to be reengineered to go faster IAS, but that doesn't mean he couldn't go faster upward and not exceed Vne.

However all that being said I'll take a super otter anyday over a KA. I like the bigger door.

D

ATP/D-23972

How does the Rodriguez Brothers song go?

come on.... somebody help me here. I dunno how to translate to typing! B|
but its the mexican hat dance song.
and at the end you get a prize! :):P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The Hollister King Air does 2000fpm all the way to 15k on cold days. It's a nice plane.

Agreed.

I did my BEER! Kingair jumps at H town last Safety day and the pilot all but stood it on its tail just after wheels-up. Used to a '56 Cessna, I could not beleive that my ears continued to pop all the way up. It seems to me that I was only just getting my bearings on the area when someone called "masks on". Eighteen grand in about ten minutes just blew my mind! Of course, so did the 18 grand part :)
Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Sat in the front of Mikes King Air last Saturday and looked "down" at Shannon (AKA Girlfalldown) who was sitting by the door. I can say first hand that Mikes plane kicks ass.

Of course it could have been Shannon the whole time with her magical ability to levitate the plane by raising her hands and yelling "Rise".:P:D

Shannon can make just about anything rise with her hands.;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!