diablopilot

Handgun Owners:

She had a different set of guns that were much more effective, my brother. ;)

& the firearms were nice too! :P

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

the Glock is really a better carry pistol. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds downrange at advanced pistol courses, and my experience was that the Glocks could go all week without malfunction where everything else would start to go.

I'm currently conducting an experiment. I have about 2000 rounds through my G17. The last 450 without cleaning. No malfunctions yet of FTFs so far.

For those who like the best of both worlds the Glock 21 (45 acp) is a damn fine weapon as well. you have capacity and stopping power, recoil is not even an issue(has it really ever been?)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Didn't the Army do a study once that said a bullet would need to be something like three inches in diameter for consistent "stopping power"? Also, I think it said that to drop someone with a regular gun, you'd have to hit them either in the heart, the head, or one of the femurs.

That being said, I'm a .45 cal person myself.

Check out http://www.ammolab.com. The largest expanded .45 in their tests that had better than 12" penetration was:
.70" expansion, 16.5" penetration, 836fps velocity

I load up with 124 grain Hydrashocks which have.
.61" expansion, 15.7" penetration, 1080fps velocity

Not much difference there. And the fact that I can afford to put more rounds down range, and control muzzle flip for quick follow up shots, and have 18 rounds loaded, I'll stick with 9mm.

It is one from time to time, even for you HSLD operators. I have seen some amazing improvements in recoil management from students coming out of HERE.

We've been there but I personally prefer Jerry Barnhart I always have loads of fun and learn more there than anywhere else.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That Sig .357 (kind of a 9mm magnum) is quite a crowd pleaser too, but the muzzle blast off that thing at night is just horrible.

I believe its proper name is the reverse order - ".357 Sig". And technically it would be "kind of a 9mm wildcat" (or .40 wildcat) since it's a neck-down pistol round. Do I have that right - sticking a smaller bullet in a larger-diameter piece of brass to make something new is "wildcatting"? Or is that term inapplicable to any mass-produced ammo?

Muzzle flash at night is just powder burning after the bullet leaves, so it might be correctable with different powders, a longer barrel, or good ol' flash-hiding (which now must be called muzzle braking, thanks to CRA 1994). I'm not sure if the powder could be safely altered in a .357 Sig without violating the pressure specs, though.

And on larger bullets being better for plates and whatnot: while you are correct, remember that you can't miss fast enough to win. ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.