mnischalke

Barrett M82A1

Lucky bum. In CA it's illegal to even possess 50Cal Ammo. >:( Fascists. Soon they'll outlaw pointed sticks.

Jersey's got that beat. There you can't even have hollow points.

bzzzzttttt....wrong. alot of police here dont even know the laws on hollowpoints. let me clarify.

hollowpoints are perfectly legal, you can have as many as you want. they may only be on your posession to or from, hunting or target shooting. you may keep them at your dwelling, premises, or land owned or posessed.you may carry them from place purchased to these locations. leo and military are exempt.

many people have been falsely arrested on hollowpoint charges because officers are unaware of the exemptions, and people have successfully sued after false arrest on hollowpoint charges.

btw, if you have one of those cool hollowpoint bullet keychains, dont drive thru jersey with it, you could be arrested ......its the bullet itself, not the shell casing that is illegal if on your posession at any other time except in which i stated above.

The Unertl was just what was on it at the time.

Trust me, there's waaaaay more where that came from.

Seen the FN five-seven pistol yet? I was playin with one today and almost brought it home, cept we don't have the ammo yet. Then, my attention got quickly drawn away by a 1927 Auto-Ordnance Thompson (ya know, with the little flicky thing on the side that reads "full-auto?")

Eh, I like toys.:ph34r:

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Mark New Jersey as another state I will never live in...[:/]

Funny thing tho, I love traveling through states like that loaded (actually unloaded, but that can be remedied quickly) for bear. McClure-Volkmer is a wonderful act.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I love traveling through states like that loaded (actually unloaded, but that can be remedied quickly) for bear.

I do too....but I don't have to remedy shit. This job does have a perk or two. I just can't wait to get pulled over by the Ohio State Dumbasses. They tried to tell a guy in my office he wasn't supposed to be carrying. :D I wanna meet that guy!!!! B|

I love traveling through states like that loaded (actually unloaded, but that can be remedied quickly) for bear.

I do too....but I don't have to remedy shit. This job does have a perk or two. I just can't wait to get pulled over by the Ohio State Dumbasses. They tried to tell a guy in my office he wasn't supposed to be carrying. :D I wanna meet that guy!!!! B|

welcome to nj again.......if youre transporting a firearm thru here, you best be doing it the way they want you to. cased and unloaded, and ammunition somewhere else in the vehicle out of any easy access, and that dosent mean locked in the glove compartment. both firearm and ammo must not be within easy access and dont have them both together.

oh, and nj does not recognize any other states carry permits. dont know what kind of job you have, but for some strange reason, i dont think it will matter. or it best be something like interstate transportation of a prisoner to leave him here, and then take you and your gun and get the fuk out of nj!

this state has some suck ass gun laws. i know them pretty well, although im not sure on out of state leo's carrying here, i am positive this state does not recognize any other states carry.

If I could give yo ANY advice......I'll tell ya to look into the Border Patrol. Good training, good money, and an EXCELLENT stepping stone to better things!

Plus the Border Patrol guys(the groundpounders anyways) get to bust heads on a regular basis...not like those wussies sittin in the back of the airplanes that have yet to prove their worth a damn.. :P

Mike

get to bust heads on a regular basis..

"TONKS are like Cue balls. The harder ya hit em the more English you get out of em." :D Not that I have EVER heard that saying or anything though.....

ROTFLMAO!!!:D I haven't heard that one in awhile. But oh so very true. The stories I could tell.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I would carry one of those at work......but I think it might be a tad difficult to conceal under my shirt

dude... a guy at my dropzone has designed and built a .50 cal pistol that fires the .50 cal bmg round. it's acurate, weights only 1 pounds and can be fires one handed.... this is the same guy that coincidently also designed the newest ride on the top of the stratosphere in las vegas.... very smart guy......

i wish i had the money for a barett .50 .... was pricing emout and they run around 3k for a base model and that's withought the also equaly expensive scope one would have to buyto get full enjoymentouta one.... maybe someday... but a class III firearm is more on my list if i have that kind of money...

dude... a guy at my dropzone has designed and built a .50 cal pistol that fires the .50 cal bmg round. it's acurate, weights only 1 pounds and can be fires one handed....

Can you spell... gullible ?

OK, so I'm no engineer, and I'm not suggesting that you are a liar.. but that just cant be possible, unless its been designed as a handgrenade. The steel for the firing chamber alone has got to weigh more than 1 pound. Anything less and you'll have a shrapnel bomb.

Assuming you could create the firing chamber from titanium, tungsten carbide or some suitably miraculous material that weighs less than a pound, the recoil of such a lightweight 'sidearm' without an adequate muzzle brake (add another pound or so of weight there) would surely seriously damage the shooters hand.
To quote Sir Newton's third law; Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
At one pound, a person may as well shoot themselves in the hand to get a feel for the predicted recoil.

Ya, you definately suck! ;)

I have a 308 being built by a custom shop (GA Precision if anybody needs a great rifle), but I'm looking into having him build me a 338 Lapua later this year. I would say 338 is the poor man's 50, but ammo prices suck!

Have fun with the Barrett!

JC

is in my office now and is ready to go home with me. As are 40 rounds topped with 661 grains of fun.

Just thought I would share, since it's friday and I haven't seen any new gun threads yet.

:P

Aw, hell, the best I can do is an LAR Grizzly Big Boar.

Then again, after giving it much thought I decided that going for a magazine-fed semi-auto really didn't make economic sense. I shoot my .458 Ruger No. 1 at about an identical rate as my .460 Weatherby, so the magazine-fed repeater part of the bolt action is wasted.

Also, I have a little more latitude in what kind of reloads I assemble without affecting functionality. Most of the handloads I've assembled have pretty much duplicated factory/MilSpec ballistics, since I have rather a few lesser rifles around if I'm not in the mood for full-throttle entertainment.

I have never had anyone complain that my .50 BMG was a single-shot. Usually comments are along the lines of "holy fuck!"

Having said all that, I think the Barrett is too cool for school. Have fun!

Blue skies,

Winsr

dude... a guy at my dropzone has designed and built a .50 cal pistol that fires the .50 cal bmg round. it's acurate, weights only 1 pounds and can be fires one handed....

Can you spell... gullible ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On another chat forum, I read police officers complaining that firing 12 gauge shotguns - with folded butt-stocks - was painful to the hand on the pistol grip.
I doubt if your hand would survive the recoil of firing a .50 caliber pistol loaded with Browning Heavy Machine Gun ammunition.

I read police officers complaining that firing 12 gauge shotguns - with folded butt-stocks - was painful to the hand on the pistol grip.

What a bunch of whinners. We use pistol grip shotguns for breeching doors all day long. It only starts to get old after say about 6 boxes of shells.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It dont compare to the plethera of night scopes we have. Special opps! tell im!!

And which Special ops unit would that be in Oregon again?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

this state has some suck ass gun laws. i know them pretty well, although im not sure on out of state leo's carrying here, i am positive this state does not recognize any other states carry.

For anyone looking for a place to find state gun laws, or which states recognize the concealed gun permits of others, you can Click Here.