vonSanta

This pilot has to be a meatbomb dropper...

Holy Freaking Crap - How did he make that Final turn?!?!??!

With a huge amount of left foot and some right yoke.

I have seen the video before, and we debated it at length, some holding that it was a crosswind landing. I doubt it, you can even see a rather limp windsock in the picture. I think he just had his line or altitude wrong, and did some fancy weaving and slipping to correct his line and/or lose altitude, but I'm no expert, I only have a PPL. It would be interesting to see what Chris (Diverdriver) thinks.

--
ZZZzzzz....

800k video

Sorta scary B|.

Ivan, apologies in advance if it's a repost. Meet ya on Tatooine - bring your light sabre

This post courtesy of your friendly Sith Lord.

Looks like the notorious Hong Kong approach...

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

now that you mention it... yes. yes it does.

to me it doesnt look like wind was an issue. dude had to set it down and promptly did so in quite short soilingly stylish fashion.
namaste, motherfucker.

now that you mention it... yes. yes it does.

to me it doesnt look like wind was an issue. dude had to set it down and promptly did so in quite short soilingly stylish fashion.

It is the Hong Kong approach. And there is a wind issue here too. He's landing with a very slight tail wind... which is likely responsible for blowing the turn to final.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

It's like one the worst, if not THE worst approaches to a comercial airport in the world. Or something like that. The runway ends in like some major hill or something, which has a big target painted on it to keep planes from forgetting about it, and you have to deal with shitty weather all the time I guess. The city is like RIGHT THERE too, I think.

Anyway, it's just bad news from what I read in some article in Air and Space Smithsonian.

Video no showing?

Just clikcing on the link? if so it did the same thing to me, do the following below

Right click>Save target as>save it to your desktop

It'll take a bit to download, the server is only running 14k where-ever it's hosted. Once it finishes downloading clikc the open button and then it should play for you
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!