Red_Skydiver

Team name?

Ah, the agonies of choosing a team name and getting everyone to agree on it. Winning the medals is a cinch by comparison. :)
We eventually settled on 'Blockhead' last year - N.B. only really works for intermediate and senior teams.

For me the best names are off the wall and unrelated, or obliquely related, to skydiving. Be original! The worst thing that can happen is you find a name you really like, and then you find that someone else is already using it. Anything with the number four in it's been done to death, of course.

You're welcome to any of our rejected names (but of course these were rejected for a reason :P):

Monkey Do (as in, Monkey see... not Monkey Poo :$)
Ick
Blow
Vapour
Archvillains.

Good luck! Don't forget to post what you eventually come up with...

Needstojump has a new team called Weather Hold here in Deland. It's so annoying to hear them announce their name on the speaker in manifest and you look up in the sky and see blue skies and think, "WTF"? Leave it to Ari to create confusion! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK, got my coffee now :P

1) Britfour
2) Langer Airgasp
3) It's grim up north
4) ForBrits
5) Low dockers
6) Did I mention something with 4 and Brit int it?;)

Maybe a better idea is to get the team together and sit by the fire in evening and let alcohol decide B|
You may not get any good names but you'll have fun trying :D

how about team marmite?

(nothing to do with skydiving but Im feeling pretty homesick right now!)

How about the bash street kids? or at least until ya get really good anyway :)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Vegamite Sandwich
Get Over It
Any formation name has potential - maybe one that isn't in the dive pool anymore but used to be.

(really, this can be cute and wierd or very serious for you guys - depending on how serious you are taking this team thing.) Best to do this as an action in your first team meeting and brainstorm a bunch of catagories and then specific names. Individuals should have veto authority on any name that they plain hate - no matter if the other three like it they should respect that. From the list that's left nominate a handful and vote it out.

Usually during the brainstorming, one will come up that everyone just likes a ton.

That first meeting is important - line up expectations and commitments, pick a team name, decide on how to pick slots, estimate the $$$$ commits and whether everyone can handle it, personal and performance goals, etc...

Have you read all the Airspeed articles that you can link to from the Relative Work forum? The link is right at the top....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I've always loved the "joke" names.

"Weather hold"
"It's Raining"
"The weather Sucks Here"

like thesesess my presssiousssss
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun