cvfd1399

Kid rock wearing the flag

I am telling you that I do not think this way, but...you ever think that he may think that this country has issues??? Kinda like flying the flag upside down...like he was wearing it??? Just a thought. The way that the flag was hanging that he was wearing was backwards...a sign of a country in distress.

Absolutely, we were not denegrating Kid Rock as an individual. Most of us were just saying that as individuals we did not think the act was appropriate.

If everybody that broke the law concerning the flag were arrested, or better yet outed as so many prefer to say, then we would all be in the limelight.

Don't think about the peice of cloth being more important than say the first amendment, but rather think of the symbolism of respecting all the people who have died defending what it stands for.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Actually, I'd really ask them why they're in my bed, how they got into my house and where their clothes were. Then I would wake up Morgan (if she wasn't already awake) and ask her why there was a strange women in our bed and no video cameras filming this. >:(:P:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you are going to kick them out of bed for that???

Definately...well, mainly since I'm engaged and neither of those girls are as beautiful as my fiance!B|

she reads the forums right?

one of those chicks is Charisma Carpenter.....

who i wouldnt kick out of anywhere.....

Eh, she reads sometimes. Even then she doesn't read Talk Back very often. Once, after we first started dating, she said she wanted to read my posts to see what I said. I laughed and said ok, even pulled them up by my username for her. About a minute later, when she realized all those pages of posts were all my posts, she gave up. All in all that was really funny.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

Well I guess these are a NO NO too.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/partyblock/amflagnap.html
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

Im with you on that one too. ;)

I started taking pic of these people in thier toyota';s displaying thier patriotism by fling tattered flags on the cars!

I was gonna start a silly little thread abou tit but i figured WHY BOTHER:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

http://www.venus.co.uk/weed/laotzu/laotzu01.html

In simpler terms, do not confuse symbols with the things they symbolize.

However repellent it may be to you to see the U.S. flag cut, worn or burned -- it is not the same thing as desecrating The United States.

It really does no harm except to the reputation of those that do it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In simpler terms, do not confuse symbols with the things they symbolize.

However repellent it may be to you to see the U.S. flag cut, worn or burned -- it is not the same thing as desecrating The United States.

It really does no harm except to the reputation of those that do it.

Sometimes it does harm more than just the reputation of those doing it. Like in the attached picture for example, where Old Glory decides to fight back.

Actually, I very much agree with you and have had a couple heated debates with "patriots" about flag burning. While I love our flag immensely, it is just a symbol. What makes America really special is the Bill of Rights and our freedom, including the freedom to have unpopular views and to express them.

Seems like the height of irony that so many hard-core "patriots" feel so strongly about enacting a law, let alone a constitutional amendment that stifles our precious freedom.

Your being a former SERE instructor I am sure you entirely grasp this statement

do not confuse symbols with the things they symbolize.

I can think of a few instances when this point was driven home during my stay in the RTL:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It's about freedom of expression. Whether you like the expression or not.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I think most countries have similar sorts of laws and ideals. In Britain it is illegal to deface or destroy an image of the reigning monarch or the crown. In Britain out of tradition our alleigence is to the crown [all this is in theory and only for the sake of tradition with little basis in modern law] as in America you pledge alleigence to the flag. It all boils down to just a neat and tidy way of summing up your country, a system of government, and a set of beleifs that citizens are supposed to share. I guess you can put as much emphasis on how the icon for your system should be displayed as you like so long as you dont forget what it stands for.

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

In the UK every true patriot has a pair of these! Why? Because we're proud to be Brits on holiday! :P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca