airdweller

How many people are planning to attend a safety day this year?

Just wondering

Because my home dropzone has there safety day on a different day then they are normally held, I think I will be able to make two this year:)
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

This may be a stupid question, but I'm new to the sport :P What exactly is safety day? Do all DZs have one?

Dangit all. It was my birthday last year at least. It's the second Saturday in March.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

This may be a stupid question, but I'm new to the sport What exactly is safety day? Do all DZs have one?

Safety Day is March 13th.
The following is from the USPA website.
Safety Day
USPA encourages all jumpers of all experience levels to attend USPA Safety Day, hosted the second Saturday in March at all participating drop zones. USPA Safety & Training Advisors and other drop zone staff members plan and coordinate this special day of seminars, updates, and review training.

USPA encourages every drop zone to host Safety Day. Safety Day promotes safety programs and helps inform jumpers of new developments and review important information and procedures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What Is Safety Day?
Safety Day was the idea of a soft-spoken but enthusiastic woman named Patti Chernis who approached the USPA Board of Directors with the concept in 1996. The board applauded and endorsed her plan. Preparations for the first USPA Safety Day were well underway when, ironically, Chernis was found dead after landing apparently unconscious under her open main parachute on New Year's Eve 1996. She died before learning that she had just been elected USPA's Northwest Regional Director. Patti Chernis' idea survived, however. A majority of DZs now report Safety Day activities each March.

Without Question I am going! My home DZ is giving away prizes. The first prize is . . . get this . . .

a free Otter Load! :o:DB|:)B|:o:D:)
they said . . . and I quote . . . go solo or with up to 22 of your friends for free!

Man I hope I get this one! I don't have 22 friends but I bet I could find 22 people I like who would want a free jump!:D

an otter load? what a great idea!
We will have PD and Aerodyne reserves to jump as mains (free of course).
We are having 2 seminars "Gear Maintenance for Dummies OR what you dont know CAN hurt you" with Sandy Reid
and "Situational Awareness" with Bryan Burke. I hope to attend both:)