Tinkerbelle

Why are people so mean?

You may not be saying that when you see me next. I cut the hair short on Saturday :o It's the new easy "Event Jumper" look.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

now now, in that instance, I said probably something like, I was making a generalization, not a statement of fact, sorry if I offended you, all you had to do was correct the speculation, politely, no need for any personal atttacks, but that's still not what I am talking about specifically, just making a GENERAL OVERALL OBSERVATION FOR EVERYONE TO HEED AND BE MORE CAREFUL OF. (to all you grammarians, sorry about the dangling participle, never end a sentence in a preposition, or a proposition, for that matter!) ;)

You see what I mean, why are you calling someone a nasty name over something so insignificant! That's what I'm talking about, not anything I said specifically. Soit gentille! Play nice everyone! :)This isn't an attack Tinkerbelle thread either, it's just supposed to be a heads up reminder for all! :)

those are but 2 of my personalities, good on the right, and evil on the left, but I have so many more! The one on the right will kiss and hug you, and the one on the left will snarl at you and bite your head off, but we travel together, so watch out! ;)

Ok then why "Tinkerbelle" why not just post as Sybil ???

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

A lot of people on here are bitingly sarcastic, and you really do have to grow a thicker skin to be able to play with other people here. The sarcasm is funny most of the time, you just have to identify it properly.

rehmwa is definitely one of those people with mocking, biting sarcasm (yay! ;)), and he was just poking a little fun at the stats stuff and himself. If you read his next post, he's the one asshole with Minitab on his computer.

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

A lot of people on here are bitingly sarcastic, and you really do have to grow a thicker skin to be able to play with other people here. The sarcasm is funny most of the time, you just have to identify it properly.

rehmwa is definitely one of those people with mocking, biting sarcasm (yay! ;)), and he was just poking a little fun at the stats stuff and himself. If you read his next post, he's the one asshole with Minitab on his computer.

_Pm

Wow, I didn't think that was so unclear - I'm very self-deprecating (got to beat the others to it). But in retrospect, I'd guess it was unclear. I admit it, I have minitab on my computer and was self mocking. (I think Tinkerbelle was also teasing in that note, but thanks for sticking up for me in case she was serious)

So, it's a good example of how the written word can also seem more harsh than it really is. Most people are pretty decent. But anonymity and written communication can really push limits.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

_Pm

What am I - huh - Chopped Liver - YOU! See Below!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

but I'm pretty sure there's only one really bored asshole with minitab on his computer.......

Me????

Damn your fast. Beat me too it.;) And yes, I was going to name you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Throw out your old time notions of grammar and step into the world of modern usage.

A preposition is an acceptable thing to end a sentence with.

For instance, do a grammer check of this .doc in Word.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Throw out your old time notions of grammar and step into the world of modern usage.

A preposition is an acceptable thing to end a sentence with.

OH OHOH!! A gramar flame from a greenie!! Nioce!! :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Well Tinkerbelle, I do not know what subject this thread has become, but not everybody on here is mean. We have our good days and bad days, we are human after all. I've seen some mean things said, I've even said a mean thing or two. Usually PM's are the way to work it out. It isn't PERFECT PEOPLE.COM, It is DZ.COM. -Caress:)
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

but I'm pretty sure there's only one really bored asshole with minitab on his computer.......

Me????

Well, DUH. Even Mary can see that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

part cat, part bird, and part fish. ;)

All good when grilled lightly and served with a more subtle Chiraz.

Edit: Scratch that - sounds more like fajitas and Margueritas