alanab

american girl in london

And I think that turnaround at UK Dz's is always slow if you compare it to the slicker US DZ's (I feel the flame coming [:/]).

No flaming necessary - it's the facts....
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

a hotel would have been far more appropriate for a first date

UK hotels sucks BIG time... weel atleast some of them... by the way who cares aslong as its a British person that does things?it explain evrything...

let me tell about my firt 3 hours in UK ever,whith some from this boardB|.not about a hotel but just to explain how UK citysence are(well thouse i meet:ph34r::D)

well luckly my plane were late,so i did miss the first couple of hours...theres a nice person standing whith a note.. looks like his looking for some one..it says "Stefan the Danish pink hat wearing mincer B.A.S.E NO. 1"... okay nowere to hide he got the first punch at me... walking to the parked car,at my seat i find a gift from thouse i should visit.. i open it.. woha.. they got GAYTIMES to me.. im so proud:ph34r::D on the way to this guys place does this guy ask to see this magazine he just gave me,he want to look at guys whith 100mph :S:| well he get better thourghts,and calls another guy(becours in UK you cant buy any alcohol in the night,or have fun whith girls before they are atleast 16years),they deside to have a drink.. so there we went... 2hours later(the 3 of us just emtyed 2 bothles of vodka)i felt asleep in this chair.. only to wake up whith this guys dick and balls in my face,while the other guy laugh and video it.. i suddenly had this feeling and had to go to the toilet to puik,which they also had fun about... when i get down again they tell me to dont worry anymore so i fall asleep again,just to wake up whith my foot(wearing a sandal)in fire so the smokealarm goes off... all this just whith in 3-4 hours.. when i wake up next morning i had this feeling.... it gonna be a loong 10 days...

I will not tell the name of the guilty parts but will just leave a hint..

IT WERE BASE 813..(shhh) i can say that UK is a healthy place to be,but sure fun..

No i look back,i had great fun but my life were sure in danger in UK,whith thouse guys..

Say hello at HXXXXX(to protect the dz;)) its a nice place,i sure come backB|:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hi Alana

Please ignore these guys, they are very immature and I haven't molested any farm animals or Canadians (for weeks)... ;)

I live in London, have jumped at 6 English dropzones and choose to frequent Hibaldstow (which is the furthest) because :

Exit altitude is minimum of '14 500, no other English dropzone can match that. Hib has the fastest climbing jump planes in England (two twin turbine G92's and a single turbine SMG Finist). When climbing to altitude you do not get put on a hold by ATC. If you buy 10 jump tickets at Hib it will work out to £16 per jump ticket. The locals are really friendly, the DZ bar is great and if you manage to avoid Seth Efrikens you will most certainly have a great time!

Bottom line : no other dropzone in England can give you that altitude at that price and get you there as quickly. I drive 162 miles to get to Hib and I am smiling the whole way.

The locals are really friendly,

As we said, avoid that place for this very reason;)

I drive 162 miles to get to Hib and I am smiling the whole way.

So you finally managed to train the poodle to make the time past quicker in the car, not just on the hood?

PS: do you have acopy of THAT pic... I cant find it anywhere......B|

PPS: if my so-called aquaintance Will likes the place, it cant be too bad....
Remster

It wasn't a poodle it was a bunny. See attached. B|

So you finally managed to train the poodle to make the time past quicker in the car, not just on the hood?

No, I keep a dead male lamb in the car - 4 for the price of 1. ;)

PPS: if my so-called aquaintance Will likes the place, it cant be too bad....

'Acquaintance'??? WTF??? When I was sitting on your couch drinking your good whiskey listening to you sob on about the things your wife does to you I was your best friend, now I am just an 'aquaintance'??>:(

Will

PS before you say I wasn't drinking the good whiskey - guess what I cracked open after you passed out. ;)

Poodle, rabbit... you dont care as long as it has a little fluffy tail, do you?

And yes, acquaintance... You come all across the big pond and wont make a tiny little detour from your pilgramage to Salt Lake in Utah to visit me in Montreal.[:/]... guess you polygamists are all the same.
Remster

that was taken at Hinton....

what can i say its a funny place,but i dont think its healthy to stay there fore longere periods:ph34r::D

he he okay i only meet cool people at Hinton,its a great place,in the mithel of nowere... If it should be better they should start sell DK beer thereB|

A BIG HELLO to Hinton,i already miss youB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Faber you should write a book about your experiances in england.... oh ok maybe just write in to the letters section of Gaytimes. That story cracks me up:D:D:D

British jumpers really do know how to have fun when not jumping - after all we get the most practice with all those times when on weather hold.:P

ha ha the problem by such a book would be that too many wouldnt belive it... I had such much fun in UK,and we made jokes on each other that will make jack ass look like angels..

by the way i dont have time to write a book,i rather go jump somthing:P;):)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

But John, that was taken at Hinton.... dont you also partake in the same activities?

Nope, that pic was taken at Texel. The two Dutch guys who the car/bunny belonged to were busy pitching their tent - they weren't too impressed that I had popped their bunny's cherry...

This was the same trip that I slipped the 'toothpaste' up Wingnut's nose (serve him right for passing out early! ;)).

faber it is true! we had a blast! i get the 3 films tomorrow developed! will get a copy and CD rom in the post!!

many many stories on that trip!

I shall post a pic of Faber on his first night in the UK tomo! You gotta love it!

American girl - drop me a line we could perhaps hook up and go see some sites! :)

"you are all wrong"

Peace out Stefan!

:P

I shall post a pic of Faber on his first night in the UK tomo! You gotta love it!

you want war? you get war...B|:ph34r::D I have some interesting grabs from a dv-tape,that might look funny to others:o,well lets keep it to the first night were evrybody were "nice" to each other...

by the way,did your arse get the right collor back,after your incident at the gasstation?:ph34r::D:ph34r:

what could posilby go wrong....B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

If you’re after a DZ to go to near London during the winter then my advice would be as follows:

Headcorn has been mentioned and whilst it is slow and has some major downsides (very slow turnaround, far too many tandems and, at times, a bit of an attitude towards experienced jumpers), I jumped there pretty much every weekend for approx 8 years and there are some great people there and you will have fun there even in winter. If you are going to be relying on public transport then this is by far the easiest DZ to get to – you can get a train direct to Headcorn from Waterloo East, London Bridge or Charing Cross. There are generally one or two trains an hour and the journey takes 1 hour. On arrival at Headcorn station you can either walk to the DZ (20ish minutes), get a taxi (approx £4) or call the DZ and someone will normally give you a lift. Their aircraft in winter is a turbine Beaver – small and cramped, but warm and gets to altitude quickly. They have accommodation there and an overpriced bar, restaurant and canteen on site. Jump prices are £18 to 12,000 feet. Another thing to watch out for is that the runway at Headcorn has a habit of flooding and becoming totally unusable in winter.

Another option if you will have a car is Netheravon – near Salisbury - which is where I jump these days, and have been jumping for the past year or so (I believe it is possible to get there by public transport, but involves using a combination of trains and buses and so is not the easiest). Excellent facilities, reasonable turnaround, reasonably priced canteen, cheap bar, nice aircraft (a Grand Caravan and a turbine Islander). They also have accommodation on site. Jump prices are £16 to 13,000 feet.

Obviously, if you have a car, you can check out lots of DZs (have a look at www.bpa.org.uk and you should find links to all the DZs in the UK on there) but if you are reliant on public transport, then Headcorn is definitely an option. It’s ok and you should get a couple of jumps a day (even in winter).

Hope that is helpful – feel free to PM me if you want any more info on anything I’ve said.

Vicki