freefallfreak

4 hours to go...and a bit nervous

Well, I kept telling myself that I wasn't gonna' do this but I'm a little scared so instead of holding it in, here goes...at 6 a.m. today (just a little less than 4 hours from now) I'm having a "surgical procedure" done that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. The doc's are gonna go into my heart and see if they can do anything to help it work a little better than it does (I'm grounded for a while because of it). I've been having a bit of trouble with it for a while. Now, they tell me it's a "routine procedure" but it just doesn't feel like "routine" to me to have something stuck into your heart. So, I'm sitting here, just a little scared, and with no sleep all night. It may be a few days before I'm back on line so I probably won't read anything anyone posts to this (if anyone posts to it at all, lol) so ya'll just keep your fingers crossed for me.

Later, all.

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Your feelings seem very normal to me. You have every reason to be scared, but believe in the doctors that this is 'routine' and everything will be fine. I will do more than 'cross my fingers' for you, I'm sending many vibes, and prayers for you. Post when you can to let us all know how you're doing, okay? Vibes and prayers from this forum seem to help, you know!;).

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Since I'm sitting here unable to sleep I found your post. My best wishes to you, I am sure things will work out to the best for you. And once your better think of all the fun you will get have again. Your in our thoughts...we'll be looking to here from you soon.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Hey bud, I know how you feel in some ways... Its no fun at all, my prayers are with you and I will see you're response on here when you are finished. I do have a question though, what is you're heart doing? I have had heart problems since I was a kid, I was curious to what symptoms you have.. Heal fast, fall faster buddy:)

I am not sleeping either...

Heart guys know what they are doing. If they say "routine procedure" they have done it many times. Only extremely skilled surgeons go rootin around in somebodies heart and only then when they can fix it. So, I am thinkin you are good to go.

In 23 years of following surgeons around, I never met one that was a gambler. Ok, one... but he was a psychiatrist. Not mine, but I did see this guy at the track more than once.

Anyone would be nervous.
But, not everyone has the entire dz.com forum backin them up. ;)

Hoping you heal up and able to head out the exit door asap,
~Ann

~AirAnn~

dude, good luck and no worries..... you'll be fine... ya just gota be.. i havn't got to jump with ya yet and that is one of my life goals... the getto meet the infamous freefallfreak!!!! sending good vibes and i'll still be up then so i'll say a parayer for ya around that time.......

Duuuude, are you getting a stint or whatever they call it? My Grandpa just had one of those. Piece a cake man, you'll be back in no time. Don't hit on the nurses too much, they have the power to hold a pillow over your face. :D;)

You're in our thoughts, take care.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Jim.

I have this special tee shirt that I wore last night to sleep in...kept you close to my heart. Hopefully you are in recovery, and having really good drugs.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I know you will be just fine. Just fine, my southern friend. And soon, once you're healed, you will get to play in the sky.

Let us know you're doing all right...please.

Ciels and hugs and prayers-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

By now the procedure is over and you're peachy fine. I hope you got the card i sent you a few weeks ago. You're always in my thoughts darling. I'll come visit you soon for our moonlit carriage ride. I'm loving you!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well, I'm back. I got out yesterday evening but was too doped up to reply to anything. Hell, I could barely read, lol. Thanks to a good friend and puter techie, I had someone to take me to the hospital, stay there all day with me, return me to my home and stay with me all night just in case the femoral artery opened up and I a needed to get back to the hospital. The doctors were great, too. They hit me with 75 mgs. of morphine, not once, but TWICE, lol. The only thing I didn't like was being undressed by two really hot nurses and not being able to undress them in return, lol. So, now I'm sitting here at home, basking in the good feelings about all the responses from friends I've made over the years here on Dizzydotcom and loving all the responses from the ones I have yet to meet.

Thanks each and every one...you've made me feel quite special.

Now...the good news (for me)...I'm alive...and the bad news (for ya'll)...I'm alive...hehehe.

Ok - serious time - the docs couldn't help me. They say that I've gotta have a triple by-pass and even with that, they don't guarantee that I'll recover fully. I've done some major damage with my out of control diet, drinks, drugs and lifestyle. (Yeah, I know...dumb, but that's me, I guess.) I guess that's what I get for all the "living in the fast lane" all these years, lol, but I wouldn't trade a single day of it. So, for now, I'm grounded and don't know when I can get back in the air, if ever...but know this...the people I've met here, the times I've had, the nights spent by the fire pits across this nation and the times spent with people have been so fantastic that I've lived two lifetimes and experienced more than any ten wuffos, thanks to all the skydivers I've known.

So...I'm back...as insane as ever, and full of love for all you guys.

Thanks again for being here for me...

FFF

ROFLMAO!!!...I thought I was the only one on here that knew about her...oh shit...lol...ok...I promise, Don. We WILL make that "I Survived Diva" jump with you...lol. I don't know exactly when, but we WILL make that jump.

FFF

Dang...sorry I'm just now reading this or I would have sent vibes earlier. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers. You can always still come hang out at the DZ with us until they get you straightened out. Then you need to promise to take care of yourself.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.