bbarnhouse

Elfanie says I broke her!

Elfanie came out today to make a skydive..her first here at Skydive Arizona.
I introduced her to a packer, walked her through the release process all the while enjoying our easy comraderie. She is a doll plain and simple.
Elf was looking for someone to skydive with, so I had made arrangements for her to fly with one of our locals all day.
When the load was ready to drop I walked over to the south landing area to watch her land and congratulate her on her first jump here.
The winds were light and variable with Elf set up to land directly into the wind. She did so but then....on final she flared too late and injured her right ankle..which appeared to be brokenB|
Please send out warm healing vibes to this wonderful little lady....and all the encouragement that you can muster.
I must say that although she was in pain...she still managed to smile....and said "Bets...ya broke me!" Bwahhhhhhhhhhh bless her.

Elfanie? Why did you go and do that? >:(

Get better fast. I've broken ankles before...at the time, it sucks major butt, but a year later, you won't even remember it happened. Cheers. :)

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Darn, poor thing.

Send her hugs from me.

Yes, we've seen two breaks now. Let's be heads up, not saying that Elfanie and Sunny were not. But the weather is warming up, and more and more of the jumpers that were snow bounded are going to be getting out and getting current. Going to Safety Day this weekend would be a good way to get mentally recurrent.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

and Elf is a regular jumper in Coolidge, so she is accustomed to Arizona jumping conditions

Oh I know, in fact I had told her I would stop by on my next trip out that way. She's in the medical field, let's just hope she listens to the doctor's advise and takes in easy so she can heal quickly.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Betsy has a history of wrecking people, usually men,
and the the occasional woman. No one knows this outside of the regulars here but she has a "special"
room in her home. She says they are skydiving
"accidents"...........uh.......said to much.

PS. sorry to hear about the Elf, heal fast kid!!!

That stinks.....what's up with everyone breaking ankles lately? Is it a new fad? [:/]

No kidding, I was in Florida for the weekend and ended up 'tweaking' my ankle my first day there. It turned pretty colors but seems to be ok...ok enough for me to throw an ace bandage on it and make more jumps B|

~~sending healing vibes to Elfanie~~

~La La Gang Member #2~

And here she is....the lady of the hour. :)

Here is the official update..
broke my ankle...BOTH the tibula and fibula...and I'm having surgery tomorrow to pin it. (hey Betsy...cracking jokes while laying out there on the grass, you never would have thought I did such a good job on it, eh? :P )

betsy is a doll...and I JOKED when I said she broke me. My own fault...completely. I had demo'd a sabre2 170 for the last 2 weeks and today I switched back to my sabre190...I was so much more interested in watching the coach and the landing pattern and my altitude (since I had different landmarks and had NEVER jumped anywhere but coolidge before) and watching canopy traffic...I just didn't play with my canopy in altitude like I normally would when changing canopies (stupid)...

so I came in...flared too late...my right foot got caught on the thick grass and just got flipped under me and to the outside (so the toe is pointed to the outside instead of inside?)...I have grass stains on the inside of my tennis shoe - rather impressive if I may say so myself. :$

so here I sit...broken ankle (broke it good, too...saw the Xray) and having surgery to pin it tomorrow....not sure how they are going to fix it, but I know i'm getting metal. B|

It was fun while it lasted, Bets...B| And Ron is a blast to jump with....thank her for me...

(only time I get teary is when I think about how long I'm going to be sitting out...*tears up again* I'm....so so so so so sad about that, I can't even express it.)

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings