kitof1976

Should I stick with it... or start sewing potato sacks!

Too flashy.....?
We are talking about freefly pants here, right?
Those are the librarians of freefly pants!!:P

Get some orange in there with the blue........

But seriously, pretty cool - keep it up!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Get some orange in there with the blue........

I just don't want to start making bozo the clown pants though... there is really fine line between the two! :P:P:P

Indeed there is a fine line......and it needs to be crossed at every opportunity!!:ph34r::ph34r:

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

I have started making some freefly clothes for the fun of it... What do you think of them? Are the design cool? Too flashy? Lousy?

I've seen em' at the DZ, they look good, but now you need to have someone put some use on them to see how they hold up?
Have my size?:P
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Be careful what you say here. There's no advertising in the forums. You don't want your thread to get trashed. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Very cool - my wife makes pants and suits and weight belts, etc too.

What materials are you using?
What kind of thread?
Are you piecing the designs together or just applying them over the top of the monocolor pants?
Fat velcro (2") or not?
How do they fly

(all strength and use issues)

Super cool though. You should sell them.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We use a lightweight denim (breaths better than supplex and stronger) and military grade nylon thread. You really want a surger when you get the chance.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Very cool - my wife makes pants and suits and weight belts, etc too.

What materials are you using?
What kind of thread?
Are you piecing the designs together or just applying them over the top of the monocolor pants?
Fat velcro (2") or not?
How do they fly

(all strength and use issues)

Super cool though. You should sell them.....

I actually use 4ply supplex, that seems to hold up really good in freefall and it flies really nice.
I have also used a 6ply supplex and that really makes them bomb proof but the fabric is kind of rough to the touch...

I piece all the designs together so that it's much stronger. and I assemble every thing with 69 thread for durability.

I also use 2" velcro for the cuffs and the velcro zipper that seems to hold very well.

"We see the world just the way we are...

I piece all the designs together so that it's much stronger.

Piecing the curvy-bendy shapes together takes a lot of time/effort and I doubt it's stronger than just making a pair of pants and then adding the patterns. However - that adds a layer and some weight so the tradeoff at least is simple to understand.

Just thinking out loud.

The first pair Kim made had all these bits sewn together and add little seam joints and was really cool. Turns out just making the patterns as application pieces on top of a regular pant pattern would have been just as nice and about ten times easier and also more sturdy of course....

have fun - I like your designs