megan123

my skydiving dreams are OOC!!

I've always been able to remember every little detail of my dreams, but lately I've been having the most vivid skydiving dreams. I had this one last night (I think I might be crazy):

I was in an airplane and knew I’d be jumping out soon. Suddenly I was in freefall. I looked over my shoulder and a huge part of the plane was falling with me. In fact, it looked like an engine and part of the wing. We were falling at the same speed, and I couldn’t manage to get away from it. No matter where I went, it seemed to follow me. I went way below my hard deck because I didn’t want it to hit my canopy upon opening, and then realized WOW, I am REALLY close to the ground! I went to pull my pilot chute but it was really weird because I was in more of a standing position than a belly-to-earth position. I kept trying to get in a better position to pull, but couldn’t. I pulled my pilot chute out, but didn’t do it very well. I did it very half-heartedly, and remember thinking, “If there is any time to pull half-heartedly, it is NOT NOW.” I kept grabbing it and tried to throw it out again and again and finally it caught air and opened my canopy. I was safely under canopy and noticed that I was going to be able to land at the dropzone! I remember thinking how lucky this was. The dropzone I was about to land on was not one that I’ve ever seen in waking life. It was filled with trees and a big marshy area…it was very pretty. I looked up to unstow my brakes but they were way out of my reach. I had to pull myself at least two feet up the risers in order to reach them and thought, “This is an issue I’ll have to talk to Mark (my trusty rigger) about.” I got them unstowed and went in for final approach. I wasn’t sure which way the wind was blowing, so I just picked a plan and ran with it. But as I got closer, I was going a lot faster than I’d planned, and was headed to land on a road. So I did a 90-degree turn to the left and was headed to a perfect landing place. I thought, “People on the ground are probably thinking I did this on purpose.” :P I was coming in to land and was focusing very hard on exactly when to flare. At that point, I realized I was dreaming and was very happy because I was practicing my landing without the possibility of getting hurt. I landed fine and then realized it was raining pretty hard and the ground all around me was wet. My canopy was hovering above the ground and had not quite touched down yet, even though I had been on the ground for a few seconds. I didn’t want it to get wet so I tried to steer it to a dry place by walking underneath it. I ended up steering it right onto a set of power lines. CRAP!! I couldn’t get it off and didn’t want to tug on it. I walked away a little upset and left it blowing in the wind. Suddenly I was at a public swimming pool and noticed Mark on the other side of the pool from me. I went over and told him that everything was tangled in power lines and that he’d have to go fix it for me! Oh, and can you fix my wacky brake lines while you're at it??

That's it. Interpretations?

heres my interpretation: you had a silly skydiving dream.

Heres a good one that I've had: I dreamt once that I was on a perfectly normal skydive, I totally forgot about pulling anything and whacked in. I peeked over the edge of the crater that I had made to see if anybody noticed. Nobody had, so I got out, kicked a bit of dirt back in and walked back to the DZ like nothing happened and didn't tell anyone that I had just bounced. I was particularly relieved that the DZO hadn't seen me, because I knew I would be in really big trouble!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I had that same dream, except I pulled every one of my handles and none of them worked. I was really getting frantic, then the next thing I know I'm picking myself up off the ground. Everyone saw me go in, and they were laughing hysterically. I was so embarrassed!

At some point in time, I think all new skydivers have that "catastrophic" no pull or low pull skydiving dream (I know I've had a couple). But they don't seem to happen to me any more. I wouldn't worry about your dreams, it just shows that your subconscious is very much alive and working. But I'd only start worrying about it if your real jumps start mimicking these dreams. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The key is to realize that your dreaming while dreaming. Not everyone can do this, but if you can it's possible to take control. I had a dream that I was in freefall and noticed that I didn't have any gear on. I realized I was dreaming and took over by making myself fly. I leveled out and landed just like a plane would. Only in our dreams though.......:(

We will have to compare dreams next time together, I used to have similar ones all the time. Mine involved way too much parachute lines and highway overpasses and streamers that go on forever.....

You're just missing jumping and upset that you didn't come out Sunday with me and Sarah......

BTW - are you packed? Of course today is gorgeaous and Sat/Sun are supposed to be lousy, but maybe Sunday's forecast will improve by then. If it is, I'm calling.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We will have to compare dreams next time together, I used to have similar ones all the time. Mine involved way too much parachute lines and highway overpasses and streamers that go on forever.....

Must be the MN weather that does it to us??

You're just missing jumping and upset that you didn't come out Sunday with me and Sarah......

I AM missing jumping. I think I'll die if I have to wait any longer. (p.s. I didn't go Sunday because I wasn't invited! ;) )

BTW - are you packed? Of course today is gorgeaous and Sat/Sun are supposed to be lousy, but maybe Sunday's forecast will improve by then. If it is, I'm calling.

My rig is being....serviced...at the moment. Mark is installing my brand new AAD!

Must be the MN weather that does it to us??

that and all the inbreeding and alcohol

I AM missing jumping. I think I'll die if I have to wait any longer. (p.s. I didn't go Sunday because I wasn't invited! ;) )

don't wait to be invited, if it's jumpable we are there for you - I'll still call anyway but your phone isn't broken. Our first jump was with Mary, her previous jump was a 357-way, but we still turned a good 25 points or so

My rig is being....serviced...at the moment. Mark is installing my brand new AAD!

Then call me when you get it back. The season is open!![:). Waseca on Sunday weather permitting.

There's a Hawksuit party Saturday night at MB and Gainors.

Kim had fun at your girls' night out party. I had fun having the house to myself. thanks

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that and all the inbreeding and alcohol

HA HAha...very true. Well....just the alcohol part for me.. :P

don't wait to be invited, if it's jumpable we are there for you

You're right about that. :$ Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for a wedding this weekend. Have fun at the party! And I had so much fun w/Kim last week. She's a wild woman...love it! She will have to come over more often. You two are great.

well i had sum of the usual dreams about bouncing... and i occasionally get one where i go to do my aff and dont do any training.. we jump out of the plane only to be told on the ground after that i failed coz i forgot to do something... but when u havent bin taught anything its sorta hard to know what 2 do :p

there was also another one i had once about a vertical wind tunnel without those big fans....

it was shaped like a swimming pool, and even had a deep and shallow end, i remember clearly that little children with armbands were in the shallow end learning to 'swim' - if u can call it that in this situation.
pretty wierd if u ask me..!

My dreams mostly invovle flying... of some kind. Supernatural and/or skydiving. Since I was a child I've always dreamed of flight.

My typical dream involves many people... and my ability to fly just out of reach of everyone. No-one else can ever fly in my dreams but me... and I seem to feel SOOOO much better when I begin flight.

Skydiving day dreams are much different... I'm flying with everyone... and the weather is gorgeous. Mostly involves the discipline I'm most working on... and just aching to get back to the DZ to try. :ph34r:

Hahaha, that's normal chica. ;)

I still have wacky dreams like that, sometimes I'll have this recurring dream I'm on a bigway freefly formation and then after breakoff me and a couple guys get together and do an awesome 3 way. It's like Point Break, ya know, the 6 minute freefall and debating dumping below 1000 feet? :D:D:D

Go with your dreams, they can't hurt you, they can only make you want to skydive more, which is a good thing. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Freefalling (pre Aff)

diving all around the sky, no chute out, little fish pond where I worked, thought Oh fu*k & turned on my back just before I hit it to break the fall ( it's only 9inches deep).

Everybody was clapping as I stood up & waved to every body that I was alright.

One really messed up dream brought about by thinking about skydiving.

Hope it never becomes an option ;)

had one the other night - "Someone I know" was going to try to BASE from a catapult canon - inside "The Box" (the barracks an NMMI - New Mexico Military Institute) anyway he pulled the "trigger and had a Pc in tow - I heard and felt the "Thump" from over 500 yards away.(Shudder) Still wiggs me out a bit - I had the dream on Tursday Night.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I go to a teeny tiny country church (10 members on a good day) and surprise surprise I've been spending many a Sunday lately at the DZ. My mom commented on this "There would be 3 more people in church if you brought your family". Here's my dream. My small country church turned into a boogie/dz. The airplane was parked in the gravel circle driveway and the church was filled w/ pews of skydivers. Manifest was at the pulpit and when your name was called you stood, exited the church and got on the plane. My church only gets that full for 3 occasions: homecoming, weddings and funerals. I told my mom and she said. That sounds great!!! Invite all of your skydiving friends to church w/ us. That dream still makes me laugh!;)
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

I could write a novel too! I have dreams weekly of me having malfunctions and landing in entirely different states. My last dream was of the world ending...but instead of the "locus" falling from the sky, it was skydivers crashing into the ground as the earth turned pitch black. Very very distrubing dream! Mainly b/c the people that were crashing into the ground were friends!!! :S
Dream interpertation please!!!!
(btw, I see you're from MN!! I grew up in Burnsville moved to Cali 5 years ago. I'll be home in July...would love to jump with your crew!! :P

heres my interpretation: you had a silly skydiving dream.

Heres a good one that I've had: I dreamt once that I was on a perfectly normal skydive, I totally forgot about pulling anything and whacked in. I peeked over the edge of the crater that I had made to see if anybody noticed. Nobody had, so I got out, kicked a bit of dirt back in and walked back to the DZ like nothing happened and didn't tell anyone that I had just bounced. I was particularly relieved that the DZO hadn't seen me, because I knew I would be in really big trouble!

You just described almost every skydiving dream I have ever had, with the exception of one that was pretty horrific and I do not care to share.