Vertifly

I Need New SKY-SHOES! It's that time-a-year.

I just found these at a store near my house. :o Kinda groovy and just right for freeflying (I think!) or skydiving in general. The bottoms look real good for standing on in the air and the top is totally vented. B| They are comfortable - as hell!!! All of the material is waterproof -even the leather ones. They also make a Vegan-Friendly kind (the one on top in the picture). I think there is also a service to custom order colors... several different variations and custom color stitching. The company is called Keen.

Which one of these do you think is a better pick? :S

EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports).

But you can get info on them online at:

www.keenfootwear.com

They are the same price, over the web, as they are at the store...90 bucks. There are some really nice colors posted for the women's side as well. Like I said, you can custom order whatever they have - so I checked the chicks side to see what was offered. :P:S

Good luck. They were EXTREMELY comfortable too.

Here are the shoes I got for the season. From Sperry Top-Sider... Got em at Costco. Sperry lists them at $79.99 and I picked them up for $28. Very comfy and great breathing with all the mesh. Kinda feels like a sandle with the breathing you get but very durable and feels solid.

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/Style.asp?code=1012

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

you all actually buy special jumping shoes? whats wrong with wearing normal tennis shoes that you wore all week?

its not like skydiving is all that hard on shoes... walking to the plane, and 5 seconds of landing

Yup, I buy skateboard type shoes, I really like Etnies, actually.

They're light, comfy and have a smooth sole which helps with sliding out the last bit of a smok'n swoop and is nice for sliding on my feet a bit for a tandem landing. You know, actually, I've found that to be reasonably hard on shoes.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you all actually buy special jumping shoes? whats wrong with wearing normal tennis shoes that you wore all week?

its not like skydiving is all that hard on shoes... walking to the plane, and 5 seconds of landing.

It isn't like that at all. I PARTICULARLY feel like "jumping shoes" are a great idea. B| Freeflyis about expression baby! Whether it be through your jumpsuit, helmet color, shoe style or type ...or whatever; even out in public dude.

You do want to express yourself, BCH7773, 'don't you?'" LOL :D "ummka, that's all I ask."> [:/]

The Form-Follows-Function philosophy works great for skydiving. These shoes are rugged, comfortable, ventilated, kinda stylish in color, able to be worn in public as something stylish, and they hide my toes (you know the deal on that one - YauuhK! :P; something we could all benefit from!!!) :P And dude, NO, they aren't sponsoring me.

The VANS/Airwalk/converse thing could pull most of those things off too. But let's face it ladies and gents, they'll always be the quintessential casual wear.

you all actually buy special jumping shoes? :S whats wrong with wearing normal tennis shoes that you wore all week?

its not like skydiving is all that hard on shoes... walking to the plane, and 5 seconds of landing.

Yeah actually I have a set of shoes just for skydiving, and landing is actually rough on shoes when you're swooping. Your landings may not be rough, but when you're hooking in and swooping out, trust me, you'd rather slide than try to run out... You should know that, I saw you biff it in a field cause you couldn't run fast enough:P
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!