packerboy

Celebrities who skydive..

The lead singer from Diamond Rio jumps, or so I've been told.

You're thinking of the guitar player, Jimmy Olander.

It's sad when I have more Country Music trivia than you do, Dave.;)

*off to go throw down some Ramones to use as mental floss now*
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The USARMY Golden Knights put on a black and gold boogie and it was the drummer for Diamond Rio out there jumping with us... he's a pretty cool guy

haha..okay maybe the whole freakin band jumps, but I live in Nashville and Jimmy O. (lead guitar) is the only one I've ever met or jumped with. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Also, he wouldnt consider himself a celebrity, but the lead guitar player for Little Jimmy Dickens at the Grand Ole Opry is an AFF/Tandem/Rigger and GM of a dz. (guess which one!!??)
;)

At Deland there is an autographed photo from Tom Cruise with him and his AFFIs. Just him, no nicole kidman. Apparently he learned while filming Days of thunder which is the film he and Nicole met on so I seriously doubt that he did it with her.

Betcha someone from Deland would have the info. Oh Skymama .................?

dave mustaine (from megadeath) jumped and had license... "high speed dirt" is about skydiving

Yes, I know that. but there are so many discussions about this that I have no friggin Idea whats true anymore. could actually care less, as long as I am still jumping:D

I wontr bother to do a search but there are MANY posts about this(dave) subject
My photos

My Videos

The dude who played Ground Rush in Cutaway was supposed to have had a couple hundred jumps before he was cast in the movie.

I totally forgot about him! His name is Marcos. I think the last name is Farez or something like that. I made a jump with him... how could I forget!! One of my only head down jumps! Super great guy!! :)

Lea Thompson made a tandem jump at Skydive Houston several years ago. She was in town acting and singing in some production, and came out to the DZ with much of the crew for jumps.

She's the star of the TV show "Caroline in the City", and such notable movies as "Howard the Duck". Yeah, that one was a real classic!

One of the skydivers embarassed here by saying; "Hey, aren't you that gal in 'Howard the Duck'"? Ha! What a thing to be famous for...

The tandem master was Roger Webb.

I can report that she's just as cute in real life, as in the movies. She's a babe!

I totally forgot about him! His name is Marcos. I think the last name is Farez or something like that. I made a jump with him... how could I forget!! One of my only head down jumps! Super great guy!! :)

That's cool that you got to jump with the dude....
For anyone who has the Cutaway DVD, if you watch it with Baldwin and Maxine Bahns[Homer voice]Ummmm...Maxine Bahns[/Homer voice] talking during the movie, they talk about who jumped and earned their A license and shit like that.

in reference to Nicole Kidman..

One afternoon she mentions her place on the water in Sydney - "It's got, like, nine bedrooms or something" - and the inevitable question of speedboats arises: does she own one? She gazes into the middle distance for a while then says, "Yeah, I've got one on the big boat." Then she starts on about skydiving. And as Michael Parkinson will attest, you don't want that to happen. "I can't explain how exciting it is," she enthuses, the blue bits of her eyes now thrillingly drilling into your retina. "The high is beyond words. You free fall for about 50 seconds then the 'chute opens and you land like you would with any normal jump. I must have done it about 40 or 50 times now. I'm telling you. It has got to be the best thing I've ever, ever done.."

http://www.allstarz.org/nicolekidman/articlegq.htm

love being able to use my body in that way and used to do things like skydiving and aerobatics on the wing of Tom's Aviat Pitts bi-plane. I haven't done it since we adopted Isabella. Now I only go up when Tom flies planes at aerobatics

http://www.teamnicole.com/library/viewarticle.php?id=54

Tiger Woods did a tandem a few weekends ago with the GKs. It was reported that he really liked it and planned on continuing, at least one more tandem. Hope he goes AFF.

Isn't Tiger from South Florida? Maybe if he likes it enough, he'll buy an Otter and endow SoBe to get up and running again!

...Well, one can dream.
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

The dude who played Ground Rush in Cutaway was supposed to have had a couple hundred jumps before he was cast in the movie.

Marcos Ferraez on IMDB

Heard he jumps at Perris, but I've never met him. I think Paul Quade told he had.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

William Baldwin
Dennis Rodman

Poor list. I don't know about William Baldwin, but Stephen Baldwin made 25+ jumps for "Cutaway"

AFAIK, Dennis Rodman has never jumped. A double did his dives for "Cutaway".

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Trent Reznor showed up in last month's Parachustist, having done a tandem. Who else saw that?

He did 2 tandems. I was there. It was at Gold Coast Skydivers in Moss Point. B| I also was there when Lance Bass jumped with the GKs in Elsinor during the 2003 Chicks Rock Boogie. I saw all these cameras and little girls and I thought they were there for us. Yeah, not so much. :S I told Lance about my misapprehension and he laughed about it. I hear that he is doing another jump and making a promo out of it. The fan who wins the promo can do a tandem with the GKs with Lance Bass.

Most celebs who are working have a "no risky sports or events" clause in their contract. Others can only do jumps with the GKs.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Hey, wait a minute... aren't you a celebrity who skydives? B|

Marcos had about 200 jumps before filming. When the wind came up, we were discussing the problems of turning low under zp in high wind. He was a cop on the series Pacific Blue at one point.

The one thing that impressed me was his attitude. Acting was just his job and he was a guy trying to do his job well. He had other things in his life, skydiving among them. B|